Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometers southwest of Kumasi, Ghana’s second-largest city. The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open-pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant. The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
Job Title: Nurse
Support the health and safety of employees and contractors on site. Assist the Doctor in monitoring patient health and maintaining patient records.
- Deliver non-emergency and emergency medical/trauma response care to all employees on site.
- Provide clinic access and services for minor illness or injury including relevant clinical assessment, treatment, and regular follow-up of all cases until complete resolution.
- Offer health counseling, conduct health examinations, and inoculations, and assess work environments to identify potential or actual health problems.
- Administer medications to patients as prescribed by the RMO and assist in convalescence and rehabilitation of patients.
- Participate in the Company’s information campaigns on the subjects of personal protective equipment, healthy lifestyle (alcohol, drugs, smoking, diet, weight control, exercise, etc), and personal precautions for the prevention of transmissible diseases through briefings, collaboration in newsletters as and when requested by the Doctor.
- Ensure that all medical equipment is in working order and are properly maintained.
- Monitor inventory of medications and other supplies to ensure continuous availability of medications, disposable items, and equipment at the level agreed with the Company’s management.
- Assist in the preparation of daily, weekly and monthly clinic statistical reports.
- Ensure onward referral where appropriate of employees with emotional or adjustment problems that may affect fitness for duty or workplace safety to occupational health Physicians.
- Ensure appropriate disposal of clinical waste in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
Education and Experience
- Must be a qualified State Registered Nurse with basic knowledge and skills in General Nursing, Paramedics, and First Aid & Safety at Work.
- Must be a holder of a degree (e.g. Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Applied Science) in Nursing from Higher Institution of Learning with a minimum of three (4) year post-graduate experience in a reputable Hospital/Clinic or Health Centre.
- Additional related certificates (e.g. Physician Assistantship, Public Health, Occupational Hygiene, Mines’ Health & Safety), as well as additional clinical nursing experience at a Mine Site Clinic, will be an added advantage.
- Must have adequate knowledge in storage/management/audit of controlled medication and Mine Safety Regulations & Practices.
- Must be able to apply standards, policies, and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data of patients and clients.
- Must be able to work at odd hours including night shifts and for long hours and also function within the required physical demands of the job as outlined.
- Must have strong work ethics and a positive attitude to work
- Good working knowledge with MS Office Suite especially in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good and defensive driving skills
Closing Date : 20th April, 2020