Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold mining company with its head office in Toronto, and have mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 7,000 people worldwide.
Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline. We are dynamic, innovative, and passionate about who we are and how we work, and we do not compromise when it comes to doing the right thing in the communities where we operate.
At Kinross, we pride ourselves on being skilled, responsible operators who strive not only to meet, but to exceed, regulatory requirements for both environmental and health and safety performance, wherever we operate. Putting people first is a core Kinross value, and our chief priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every employee and contractor who works for us.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and correct unsafe work practices or conditions before accident occur, through regular inspection and fostering the safety attitude among the workforce during visits.
- Assist in conducting planned inspection & audits using checklist periodically, aimed at evaluating compliance with standards and checking the state of safety of all equipment.
- Assist in ensuring that all the statutory requirements that have a bearing on occupational health and Safety are adhered to.
- Participate in all inspections and inquiries by the Mine Inspectors.
- Assist in conducting formal risk assessment of the underground activities and ensure that all significant risks identified from the risk assessment as well as all other sources, such as audit reports, are captured and that appropriate corrective actions are planned and implemented.
- Assist in conducting investigations into the causes of all accidents, recommending and enforcing the implementation of remedial measures to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure compliance in conducting periodic planned job observations on various categories of the workmen to enhance safe work practices
- Assist in conducting periodic on-the-job training for the various categories of workers to heighten their safety awareness to ensure they carry out their tasks in a safe manner.
- Assist in ensuring that PPE’s supplied to workmen and other working equipment and tools meet the company’s standards and enforce their use where necessary.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a Degree or Diploma in Mining Engineering /Mechanical Engineering/ Earth Science or a similar qualification from a recognised institution.
- Must have a Certificate in Health & Safety is advantageous.
- Must have an in-depth understanding and working knowledge of General Safety rules and regulations; especially Underground Safety
- Must have at least 3 – 5 years working experience with exposure to mining regulations.
- Must have good planning, integration and resource management skills
- Must be able to operate and communicate well at all levels
- Must have excellent computer skills, report writing and presentation skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates are to submit their application and curriculum vitae to the address below not later than 17th August, 2012.
The Human Resources Manager
Chirano Gold Mines Limited
P. O. Box 57
Offer valid till: 17 Aug, 2012