Kintampo Health Research Centre (KHRC) is a well-established, African-based, research centre and one of three field research centres of the Research and Development Division of the Ghana Health Service an agency of the Ministry of Health. The work of KHRC has implications for health policy and practice throughout Ghana, Africa and the rest of the world. KHRC is situated in the middle part of Ghana and offers research and training services nationally and internationally and its staffs are multidisciplinary.
Kintampo Health Research Centre is looking for an Internal Auditor to work full time based at our head office in Kintampo, in the Brong Ahafo Region of Ghana.
Scope & General Purpose
Perform financial, operational and systems audit of the institution’s operations as well as responsible for reviewing the institution’s overall internal control of its operations.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Perform all internal audit duties in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards that complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Develop and documents Audit procedures performed as well as the preparation of noted concerns for Audit reports inclusion
- Responsible for planning, executing and completing internal audit activities according to established schedule, recommending internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies and the preparation of audit reports as well as documenting controls
- Build and manage an effective team, deliver annual audit plan and responsible for examining, evaluating and writing reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of Managements’ risk management processes
- Establish effective operational relationships within the institution and assist management in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles
- Examines and evaluate policies, procedures and systems which are in place to ensure reliability and integrity of financial reports & information, compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations, safe guarding assets, economical and efficient use of resources, accomplishment of established objectives and goals for operations or programs
Remunerations and conditions of service:
Negotiable, but within the existing KHRC employment conditions
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have auditing experience preferably in a multi-donor funded environment.
- Ability to conduct thorough investigation
- Must pay attention to details
- Must be trustworthy and a person of integrity
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications especially Excel.
- A minimum of a university degree/ professional qualification in Accounting
- Affiliation to any Accounting/Audit Professional Body will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five years post-qualification work experience in similar environment with at least two years in auditing
Special / Personal Abilities:
- Determined personality with initiative and perseverance
- Good analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Ability to use accounting software preferably Sage Pastel Evolution
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
Any interested Applicant should send his/her CV, cover letter, copies of certificates and list of referenced person(s) to: [email protected]
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2014