Posted on :
9 May, 2019
9 May, 2019
Koforidua Technical University was established by an Act of Parliament, Act 922 (2016) and amended by Act 974 (2018). The vision of the University is to be providers of standard science and technology education, a center of excellence In applied research and a reference point for solutions to community problems; the mission of the University Is to provide tertiary level technical education through the development of career-focused skills In collaboration with industry; and the core values of the University are innovation, integrity, and impact.
The university currently has a total student population of 8,000 students and a total staff population of 605. Other information about the University is accessible at its website: www.ktu.edu.gh
Job Title: Registrar
• The Governing Council of Koforidua Technical University (KTU) announces for the information of interested candidates, vacancy for the position of Registrar and invites applications from qualified and competent persons for the position which become vacant on 1st August, 2019.
The Position of the Registrar
• The Registrar, who is the Chief Operating Officer under the Vice Chancellor is responsible for the day to day administration of the University. The Registrar is the Secretary to the Council and all other Boards and Statutory Committees of the University.
• He/she provides strategic advice and briefings to the Vice Chancellor and is expected to provide leadership and management across a number of administrative activities in the University.
Terms of Appointment
• The Registrar shall hold office for a term of four (4) years and is eligible for re-appointment for another term only provided that no part of the renewed term enters the compulsory retirement age.
• Salary and Conditions attached to the position are very attractive
Qualification Required& Experience
A person seeking appointment, as Registrar must have:
• A minimum of Master’s degree preferably in Administration and Management related;
• Served as a Deputy Registrar in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least six (6) years;
• Excellent managerial, communication and interpersonal skills;
• A deep appreciation of the higher education landscape in Ghana;
• A strong proven sense of public morality and integrity;
• Considerable experience in dealing with a wide range of internal and external publics; and
• Appreciable knowledge in Information Communication and Technology.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit an application letter together with the following:
• Six (6) copies of Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees; and
• A statement of candidate’s vision for the University, which should not exceed three pages.
• The application should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for Registrar of Koforidua Technical University” The marked applications for each of the positions should reach any one of the following addresses in both hard and soft copies not later than Monday, 13th May, 2019.
The Chairman Search Committee for: Registrar Mr. Edward Asante Antwi C/o Head, General Administration Koforidua Technical University (KTU) PO Box KF 981 Koforidua, E/R Soft copies must be forwarded to: [email protected] OR The Chairman Search Committee for: Registrar C/o The Office Manager Universities of Ghana Overseas Office Ghana Universities House 321 City Road London ECIV ILJ United Kingdom Soft copies must be forwarded to:[email protected]
Closing Date: 13 May, 2019