Posted on :
16 Nov, 2022
16 Nov, 2022
• The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Manager, Research Planning Strategy. The role holder will provide support in the implementation of Monitoring & Evaluation activities in the organization. The role holder will also provide technical support in the implementation and management of comprehensive data quality processes, program evaluations and review of progress narrative report in the organization.
Job Title: Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation
• Implement management’s approved monitoring and evaluation plan that addresses data collection methods, analysis, and reporting in the organization
• Develop and Implement the overall framework, for project M&E, for example, mid-term project review, impact assessment, and final evaluation, and develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems
• Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation
• Develop an Inspection checklist for the inspection of facilities and conduct regular intermittent Inspections of the facilities in the organization.
• Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
• Check data quality with partners and entities operating in the organization.
• Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyze and aggregate findings into comprehensive reports for management
• Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review, and final evaluation
• Identify areas where technical support to project partners and entities operating in the organization is required and organize refresher training on M&E for partners and entities as required.
• Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving the project
Skills & Competency Requirements
• Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
• Experience in designing and managing monitoring and database systems data analysis software and tools
• Knowledge in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
• Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (i.e., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
• Excellent written and spoken command of English.
• Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
• Minimum of one (1) three (3) years post-graduate professional experience in an M&E position or in a related position with responsibility for implementing M&E activities.
• Degree in statistics, economics, social sciences, or related field. An advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics is preferred.
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly send your application with a detailed CV with the subject line “Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation” to:
Closing Date: 18 November 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted