Posted on :
17 Aug, 2018
17 Aug, 2018
Our client, a subsidiary of an international power generation company is looking for an astute professional to lead its financial management team as the Chief Finance Officer.
The Chief Finance Officer will be a key member of the Africa leadership team with responsibility for all financial functions and reporting and IFRS compliance.
He / She will lead all planning and budgeting activities and work to optimize tax and treasury activities within the business and will also provide mentorship and support to the company’s IT and Supply Chain functions.
The role holder will report directly to the Managing Director in Ghana with administrative report to the Africa CFO.
Job Title: Chief Finance Officer
• Provide leadership and coordination of financial planning, debt financing, and budget management functions
• Oversee daily operations of the finance department including the preparation of financial forecasts and reports and any reports required by the Lenders,
• Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget,
• Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with the Lenders to ensure compliance as well as management of accounts and typical administrative responsibility of loan documentation,
• Manage the preparation of audited financial statements and oversee all other statutory reporting requirements,
• Manage the preparation of all corporate tax returns and ensure compliance with all applicable tax regulations,
• Direct financial audits and provide recommendations/implementation of procedural improvements to the accounting/financial control systems,
• Manage the preparation of annual budgets and all related Board reports,
• Act as the principal point of contact with external parties, onshore and offshore security trustees and agents, trade counterparties and auditors,
• Understand the responsibilities of the IT/Supply Chain functions and provide support and mentorship,
• Oversee financial audits and collaborate with the Global IT Leads on technology decisions related to
• financial systems implementations and upgrades,
• Evaluate the finance departments structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the department as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
NB: Applicants should be willing to live and work in Takoradi with travels within and outside Ghana
Qualification Required & Experience
• Professional certification ( ACA / CIMA / ACCA) or equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Finance or Accounting but an MBA degree or its equivalent is preferred
• Minimum of 15 years’ progressive experience with some practice in the power generation industry
• Proven experience operating at Chief Finance Officer level, supervising a finance and accounting team
• Ability to operate at Board level and be hands on when required
• Prior energy industry experience is a big plus
Essential Skills/ Knowledge
• Experience with loan administration and familiarity with relevant loan documentation and tax related issues
• Must be IT literate and advanced in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.
• Financial modelling skills will be plus
• Ability to travel within and outside Ghana / internationally
• Strong and up to date knowledge of accounting rules and regulations
• Effective project and operational management skills
Professional / Personal Competencies
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to engage a dynamic team
• Excellent communication (written, verbal, listening) and interpersonal skills
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritise workload for self and team
• Ability to win and build credibility at all levels of organisation
• Must be proactive, pragmatic and capable of delivering results
• Ability to explain complex financial arrangements to both internal and external audiences
• Ethical and compliant with all accounting regulations
How to Apply
Interested applicants should please apply with their CVs to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 03 September, 2018