Posted on :
16 Nov, 2022
16 Nov, 2022
• The Manager, of Maritime Services will provide technical, operational, and administrative direction for the efficient and effective performance of the maritime services functions of the organization. The Manager is responsible for the organization, administration, operation, and customer relations of the organization’s marine terminal and all facilities maintenance-related activities for the terminals.
Job Title: Manager, Maritime Services
• Provides inputs for the formulation of policies.
• Ensures the efficient and effective management of the human, material, and financial resources of the Directorate.
• Direct and monitor the day-to-day operations of the organization’s marine terminals.
• Ensure the Safety & Security of the marine terminal.
• Coordinate security in the anchorage and pilotage areas
• Develop annual departmental budgets.
• Direct and supervise the Security Lead who is responsible for ensuring adequate security for all Port property and operations and acts as the Facility Security Officer ( FSO)
• Foster relationships with potential tenants and customers to ensure continued business growth for the marina, marine terminals, and airport.
• Prepare tariff and rate recommendations.
• Direct and coordinate dockside services for vessels.
• Ensure marine terminal operations comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
• Oversees the implementation of the performance management system within the Directorate.
Skills & Competency Requirements
• Have a strong working knowledge of contract security service, safety, and emergency operations
• Excellent communication & organisational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented management environment and to help identify and solve problems
• Ability to create highly successful client and customer relations and effectively manage escalations at the lowest level
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with security professionals, supervisors, and external stakeholders
• Ability to deal with internal and external customers and ensure compliance
• Successfully perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely and professional manner
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and be persistent, and solve problems as they arise
• Must be computer literate and have the ability to understand and fully use associated hardware/software
• Minimum of 9 years of experience in the oil and gas / maritime sector with 3 years at a supervisory level
• A minimum of a Masters’s degree in Maritime Operations, Maritime Law, or any related field
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly send your application with a detailed CV with the subject line “Manager, Maritime Services” to:
Closing Date: 18 November 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted