Our Client, one of the major players in the telecommunication industry in Ghana, is seeking to enhance its financial positioning within the industry by recruiting outstanding, dynamic and seasoned professionals to drive its goals.
This is an opportunity to make a career move to be part of a strong management team committed to excellence.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the role holder will be responsible for the overall development and implementation of the company’s financial strategy and oversight of financial accounting, corporate treasury management, inventory management and all general accounting and finance functions.
- Oversee and champion the articulation and development of the finance strategy ensuring alignment with the company’s overall strategy and business objectives
- Drive the development and implementation of long-term and short-term financing strategies relating to capital sourcing, capital management and investment to maximise shareholder value in consultation with the Board and CEO
- Oversee the preparation of the corporate budget as well as the department’s annual budget and monitor implementation
- Design and implement strategies and mechanisms to safeguard the assets (liquid and fixed) of the company
- Identify risks and long-term financial implications of intended corporate projects / initiatives, and advise the Board and other Management committees accordingly
- Evolve and implement robust cost management strategies to monitor and control organisation-wide costs
- Plan, direct and coordinate the implementation of effective accounting and financial policies, procedures and reports to ensure sound financial management and control as well as compliance with reporting standards, management requirements, and applicable regulatory requirements
- Coordinate timely preparation of financial statements and ensure that the statements reflect The company’s financial position in compliance with statutory and regulatory
- Oversee third party financial relationships with auditors and critical stakeholder interfaces with with particular respect to the Board, the Ministry of Communications, National Communications Authority and Ghana Revenue Authority.
Required Skills or Experience
- An MBA or a master’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- A chartered Accounting certification (ACCA, CIMA, CFA or a relevant professional body)
- Minimum of 10 years experience related to Accounting/Finance with at least 5 years in a management position.
- Experience in a telecommunication environment will be an advantage.
- Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Extensive experience in leading and/or the delivering commercially focused financial solutions
- Fully functional with all aspects of financial and cost accounting, reporting, treasury, tax and inventory management
- Ability to negotiate complex commercial outcomes with a strong executive presence and ability to identify the true long term value propositions and opportunities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with a strong ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and organisational skills, critical attention to detail, high integrity and results oriented.
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should please apply with their CVs by 8 May 2015 to:
HR Advisory Services
13 Yiyiwa Drive, Abelenkpe
P. O. Box GP 242,
Or by e-mail to: [email protected]