Posted on :
30 Nov, 2022
30 Nov, 2022
Job Title: Director Finance
• The role holder has broad responsibility across corporate and operational financial and accounting functions. such as, managing an ERP implementation, budgeting, long range planning, business partnering, modelling, return on investment analysis and other value-added financial analysis.
• Assist the Deputy Chief Executive Officer to develop the financial strategy of the organisation
• Execute the Cooperation’s financial strategy
• Provide strong and forward-looking analytical leadership
• Analyse the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans
• Identify investment opportunities
• Create and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders such as investors, banking institutions and service providers
• Drive creativity and passion across the organisation and its services and possess a broad institutional perspective while embracing change and innovation
• Drive change within the organisation through robust financial analysis and strong business partnership
• Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
• Manage the production of reporting tools (bridges, scorecards, etc.) and key performance metrics to provide management insight into revenue and operating expense trends, track project spending, headcount, and potential risks/opportunities to forecast or plan
• Responsibility for the organisation-wide budgetary planning
• Ensure that all the organisation’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislations
• Seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk
• Oversee, review, and ensure adherence to the budgets for each department of the organisation
• Supervise the preparation of official reports on a monthly and annual basis
• Identify staffing and training needs, evaluate employee performance, and coach Accounting and Finance staff
• Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team through demonstrated business judgment combined with an ability to effectively influence others.
• Update and implement financial and human capital policies and procedures
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
Skills & Competency Requirements
• Demonstrated experience of the relevant public financial management legislations
• Demonstrate proven ability in developing models and conducting analyses that identify critical trends, support strategic decision making and create forward visibility
• Demonstrated expertise in the Ghanaian tax legislation environment
• Excellent analytical and leadership skills
• Integrity and honesty
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Thorough understanding of both public and private business principles and practices
• Superior attention to detail
• Organisational, planning, problem-solving skills, research skills and critical thinking skills.
• A minimum of twelve (12) years of progressive experience in finance and business management, of which five (5) years must be at senior management level
• A minimum of a Master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Taxation, Management or any other relevant field.
• Chartered accountant and membership of a relevant professional body (ACCA; CA, CIMA)
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly send your application with a detailed CV with the subject line “Director Finance” to: