Responsible for ensuring the operational performance of the company in line with the company strategy and policies, by planning and managing day to day workloads and the allocation of staff to carry out these tasks to standard operating procedures.
Ensure the personnel adhere to all company, legal, human resources, environmental, ISO, Security and health, and safety procedures and standards at all times.
Job Title: Operations Manager
Your Tasks And Responsibilities
- Ensure that the daily workload is completed with the available staff and within the timescales given.
- Monitor the performance of the team, and record the results obtained, and report where deemed necessary.
- Take responsibility for the day to day running of the operation, whilst implementing company policy decisions, operating within, and reviewing Quality Procedures. Take part in execution of daily operational tasks, as needed.
- Maintain the disciplines required and ensure those disciplines are met at all times with regard to operating performance, timekeeping and holiday arrangements.
- Ensure the implementation of new business and smooth running of the business following implementation.
- Ensure that Customer satisfaction is achieved by solving problems timely, efficiently and satisfactorily in co-ordination with the team.
- Monitor / ensure that the quality of services provided by the subcontractors meet our customer requirements, as well as those of the company.
- Ensure cost controlling of supplier / subcontractor invoices
- FSL ownership; timely and accurate invoicing, and correct expense management.
- Motivate staff through encouragement, and inform on decisions that might affect them
- Make sure staff receives training on possible operational weaknesses
- Ensure all buying and selling rates are accurate at all times, and that upload of these into our operational system is maintained.
- Ensure strict credit control guidelines are adhered to by all staff
- Establish effective communication and relationship with customers, contractors and national + international colleagues
- Ensure that excellent levels of housekeeping are maintained in all areas of the department
- Ensure proper handover whilst staff proceeding on leave
- The Objectives which are laid out in the above documentation are of exhaustive and you will be required to act wholeheartedly in the interests of the company, as such you will be required to perform any reasonable duties or tasks of which the Management requests.
Your Skills And Experience
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of operations field experience
- The ideal candidate will possess solid operational knowledge
- Seasoned listening skills
- Good analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Self-discipline and strong leadership and motivational abilities
- Creative ability in streamlining and optimizing operational processes
Good reasons to join
We offer an employee friendly and casual environment for you to become a skilled transportation logistics professional in a challenging and fast developing company with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group. If, like us, you put customers at heart of everything you do, you can expect to be rewarded with a full package of benefits on top of a salary that grows with you as you grow in our business.
Applicants must possess the above experience and skill set in order to be considered for this role. Apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 79,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com