Posted on :
10 Feb, 2020
10 Feb, 2020
The Governing Council of the Kumasi Technical University announces the vacancy of Director of Internal Audit and is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified person.
Job Title: Director of Internal Audit
• Established in 1954 as Kumasi Technical Institute (KTI) to offer craft courses
• Upgraded in 1963, to a non-tertiary Polytechnic under the Ghana Education Service to offer, Technician, Diploma and Sub-Professional courses.
• Upgraded to a Tertiary Polytechnic in 1992 by the Polytechnics Law 1992, PNDCL321 to run Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes awarded by National Board for Professional and Technician Examinations (NABPTEX)
• Obtained the mandate to award Degrees and other certificates accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) by the enactment of the Polytechnics Act 2007, Act 745
• Converted to a Technical University to provide higher education in engineering,-applied sciences, applied arts, technology-based disciplines, technical and vocational training by the enactment of The Technical Universities Act 2016, Act 922.
• Envisions to be a centre of excellence for tertiary level training in technical and professional human resource with entrepreneurial skills. currently has a staff strength of about 640 and a student population of over 10,000.
• The Internal Auditor is a high level independent corporate executive with overall responsibility for the Internal Audit. He/she must be fully conversant with the risks, goals, policies, and processes of the University.
• The Internal Auditor administratively reports to the Vice-Chancellor. The internal audit reports shall be submitted to the University Audit Committee through the Vice-Chancellor and copied to the Director-General of thiiinternal Audit Agency and the Auditor General.
• In general, the Internal Auditor shall provide an independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the University’s operations. He/She shall help the University accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluating and improving risk management, control, and governance processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Internal Auditor include: determining the reliability and adequacy of accounting, financial and operational controls in the University;
• evaluate the procedures of the University to determine whether results are consistent-with stated objectives and goals;
• monitoring reports and ensures compliance with the relevant laws and regulations compliance with established policies, plan and procedures; . appraising the quality of performance of those carrying out assigned re5ponsibilities;
• assessing the extent to which assets are accounted fbr and safeguarded against losses;
• ensuring that reliable records form the basis for the preparation of apps iate financial and other data provided for decision-making; . drawing the Vice-Chancellor’s attention to deficiencies in the system, instances of duplicated functions, waste or other inefficiencies with recommendations for remedies where necessary;
• carrying out special reviews of accounting and internal control systems with the view to minimizing weaknesses.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must be a Chartered Accountant and hold a minimum of a Masters degree in the relevant field. He/She must have served as a Deputy Internal Auditor in a University or comparable grade in a similar institution/ organisation for at least six (6) years.
• Applicant must be computer literate and be conversant with accounting/ auditing software applications.
In addition, applicant must:
• be analytical, critical, results-oriented, innovative and visionary; possess hands-on ability to work independently;
• possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills; . be a good team player;
• possess strong IT skills and familiarity with accounting software; r. be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines; and
• possess proactive commercial flair.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The Director of Internal Audit shall hold office for a term of four (4) years, which should be completed before the statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years. He/She may be eligible for re-appointment for a further term of up to four (4) years only, provided that no part of the second term enters the compulsory retirement age.
The terms and conditions of the appointment shall be determined by the Governing Council of the University consistent with the Technical Universities Act 2016, Act 922 (as amended by Act 974), and the Statutes of Kumasi Technical University.
The salary and Conditions of Service attached to this position are very attractive and are comparable to those in analogous public universities in Ghana.
How to Apply
Applicant must submit a Sealed Application Letter to the Registrar of the University.
Applicant must attach a Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees who can attest to his/her qualities. The applicant must include a short statement of not more than four pages (Times New Roman size 12 and 1.5 line spacing) outlining his/her vision and strategies for the position. Application must he hand-delivered to the Registrar of the University (signing for submission shall be required) or submitted using a registered mail to reach the address below (as applicable) not later than Friday, February 21, 2020. The Chairman Search Committee for Director of Internal Audit c/o Office of the Registrar Kumasi Technical University P.O. Box 854 Kumasi Or email to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 21 February, 2020
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.