Posted on :
13 Jun, 2018
13 Jun, 2018
A reputable rural bank in the Eastern Region is seeking qualified personnel for the following key position
Job Title: Head of Audit
• To carry out audit of the Bank’s operation to ensure that transaction are undertaken on sound financial basis and in conformity with internal control systems and procedures, regulations, approved manual, budget and policies with the view of protecting the assets of the Organization
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop internal audit system, manual, plan and work programs
• Plan and execute audit activities within the Bank in accordance with audit manual, plan and program
• Review on continuous basis, existing systems, practices and controls (including bank reconciliations, loan files, account opening and closing procedures) with the view of bringing out weaknesses and recommending innovations for improved financial operational and management efficiency
• Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices and documentation.
• Verify assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation and bring variances to Management and Board’s attention.
• Monitor the timely implementation of management actions to recommendations in audit reports.
• Carry out investigation and specific assignments on request by Management and the Board
• Prepare and submit quarterly reports on work performed during each quarter for management attention
• Any other duty that may be assigned by Management and the Board
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline / working experience in Auditing will be an added advantage.
• Final professional certificate in Internal Audit/Finance/Accounting
• Minimum of Eight (8) years experience in Banking; preferably rural and community banking with three (3) years in senior management position
• Knowledge in financial regulations (banking act, company code, etc.) as well as accounting and audit standards
• Excellent knowledge about banking systems, knowledge in T-24 is an advantage.
• Ability to assess both manual and electronic operations of the bank and evaluate them critically.
Location: Eastern Region
How to Apply
Applicants with the requisite skills & qualifications are to apply to the address below:[email protected] Or The General Manager Kwaebibirem Rural Bank Ltd P. O. Box 21 Asuom Please indicate ONLY the position in the subject area when applying online.
Closing Date: 22 June, 2018