The Finance Officer is the Head of the Finance Office and shall be responsible, under the Vice-Chancellor, for the financial administration of the University.
Terms of Appointment:
- The Appointment shall be full time and the Applicant must be able to serve a minimum Four-Year Term of Office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of Sixty (60)
Required Skills or Experience
- Must be a distinguished professional with capacity to motivate and direct staff
- Must be above reproach and must exhibit a high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent communications and inter-personal skills
- Must be a Member of a recognized professional Accountancy/Auditing body (ICA/ACCA/CIMA/CA/CPA, etc); possession of a Master’s Degree, preferably MBA/MSc/Ms in Accounting/Finance would be an advantage
- Must have served in a University or analogous institution for at least 10 years as Deputy Finance Officer/Deputy Director of Finance/Deputy Internal Auditor or
- A minimum of 15 years post-qualification experience in a reputable and recognized practicing firms, industry, commence and/or public service
Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, a three (3) page Vision Statement and Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees.
Applications should be marked ‘APPLICATION FOR FINANCE OFFICER’ and forwarded under COVER to reach the following address:
kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
Closing 29th July, 2011