Posted on :
3 May, 2019
3 May, 2019
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the appointment as
Job Title: University Relations Officer.
• The University Relations Officer is the Head of the University Relations Office.
• He is required to provide strategic planning with respect to dealing with the University’s Publics;
o coordinate all events, ceremonies, programmes and other public relations activities of the University;
o responsible for all publications of the University;
o liaise with University Management on the day-to-day-interactions with the University’s Publics;
o manage media relations and develop strong relationships and rapport with media representatives both electronic and print;
o supervise the development and execution of content for website and social media platforms of the University and serve as a liaison officer between the University and the KNUST Global Alumni Association.
The position requires:
• A dynamic, self-motivated, and result-oriented person;
• Ability to competently articulate the University’s position/views on issues;
• A team player with good analytical skills; and
• A person with the ability to exercise sound judge, exhibit high sense of initiative and managerial skills.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A postgraduate degree or equivalent professional qualification in Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing and/or Development Communication
• Must have served in Senior Management position with a minimum of 10 years work experience; and
• A membership of a recognised professional body in Public Relations or in a related field would be an added advantage
• Salary and Conditions of Service are very attractive.
How to Apply
• Interested Candidates are requested to submit an Application Letter together with TEN (10) copies of the Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees. • Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted. Applications should be submitted under REGISTERED COVER and marked APPLICATION FOR UNIVERSITY RELATIONS OFFICER to reach the REGISTRAR, KNUST, Kumasi
Closing Date: 15 May, 2019