Posted on :
29 Jun, 2021
29 Jun, 2021
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi announces for the information of the academic community and the general public that, the following positions would become vacant effective JANUARY 01, 2022
Title: INTERNAL AUDITOR
• The Internal Auditor shall be the Head of the Internal Audit Department of the University.
• He/she shall, in accordance with the Internal Audit Agency Act, 2003 (Act 658) and in conformity with standards and procedures provided by the Agency set up under the said Act, carry out periodic internal audit of the University.
• He/she shall report administratively to the Vice-Chancellor and functionally to the Audit Committee in accordance with the Public Financial Management Act, 2016 (Act 912).
Qualification Required & Experience
The Applicant must:
• possess both professional qualification and relevant postgraduate degree;
• be well versed in the use of various contemporary auditing and accounting software (ACL, IDEA, Team Mate+, iAuditor, etc);
• have served in a University or analogous institution for at least 5 years as Deputy Internal Auditor/Deputy Finance Officer OR a minimum of 10 years post-qualification experience in a highly reputable and recognized practicing Auditing/Accounting Firm, industry, commerce and/or public service.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
• The Appointment, which is full-time, shall be for FIVE (5) YEARS in the first instance and may be subject to renewal for another term of up to five (5) years (after evaluation of performance) before attaining the compulsory statutory retirement age of SIXTY (60).
• The Salary and Conditions attached to the post are attractive.
For each of the aforementioned positions, the person to be appointed must:
• be dynamic, self-motivated, and competent with proven ability;
• be a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills;
• have the ability to exercise sound judgment;
• exhibit high sense of initiative, and managerial and organizational skills;
• have an entrepreneurial drive and be business-oriented;
• be a distinguished professional with the capacity to motivate and direct staff;
• be digitally literate.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested Candidates are required to submit an Application Letter together with eight (8) copies of the following:
• Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees; and,
• A 1000-word Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the relevant position.
Applications should be marked “APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT AS INTERNAL AUDITOR” and forwarded under Registered Cover to reach the following Addresses:
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
Kumasi – Ghana
The Office Manager
Universities of Ghana Overseas Office
Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ
Closing Date: 16 July, 2021