Posted on :
29 Jun, 2021
29 Jun, 2021
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi announces for the information of the academic community and the general public that, the following positions would become vacant effective JANUARY 01, 2022
Title: Director of Procurement
• The Director of Procurement shall be responsible, under the Registrar for providing leadership to the Procurement Office and for ensuring that the University’s procurement processes are in accordance with the Public Procurement Act, 2016 (Act 914 as amended) as well as other procurement policies and regulations instituted by the University.
Qualification Required & Experience
The Applicant must:
• possess relevant postgraduate degree(s);
• be a member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS) OR Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS);
• have served in a University or analogous institution for at least five (5) years as Senior Procurement Officer OR a minimum of eight (8) years post-qualification experience in industry or public service.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
• The Appointment, which is full-time shall be on TENURE.
• The Salary and Conditions attached to the post are attractive.
For each of the aforementioned positions, the person to be appointed must:
• be dynamic, self- motivated, and competent with proven ability;
• be a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills;
• have the ability to exercise sound judgment;
• exhibit high sense of initiative, and managerial and organizational skills;
• have an entrepreneurial drive and be business oriented;
• be a distinguished professional with capacity to motivate and direct staff;
• be digitally literate.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested Candidates are required to submit an Application Letter together with eight (8) copies of the following:
• Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees; and,
• A 1000-word Statement of Candidate’s Vision for the relevant position.
Applications should be marked “APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT AS DIRECTOR OF PROCUREMENT” and forwarded under Registered Cover to reach the following Addresses:
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
Private Mail Bag
University Post Office
Kumasi – Ghana
The Office Manager
Universities of Ghana Overseas Office
Ghana Universities House
321 City Road
London ECIV ILJ
Closing Date: 16 July, 2021