Finance & Administration Manager Vacancy
LaGray Chemical Company is pioneering the push toward self-sufficiency in healthcare in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are establishing ourselves as a world class, self-sufficient pharmaceutical manufacturer the integrates active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturing into finished dosage form production. Our hallmark is quality; in our products; our people and processes. Our vision is to become Africa’s premier healthcare company, providing innovative and affordable healthcare solutions to the continent. We will become the most valued employer, healthcare supplier, business partner and corporate citizen in region.
The Manager, Finance is responsible for financial and fiscal management of company operations, supervises administration, finance, human resources (HR) and information technology (IT) units and is the financial spokesperson for the organization.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Manager, Finance assists in all strategic and tactical matters as they related to cost benefit analysis, budget management, forecasting and lender or investor relations. As a member of the senior management team and the finance, strategy and operations committees of the Board of Directors (BOD), she/he will be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and professional development initiatives.
- Responsible for the administration, finance, HR and IT units (Detailed description on website). Ensures timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting. Oversees preparation and communication of periodic financial reports and metrics
- Works with the BOD’s finance, strategy and operations committees to identify issues, trends and changes in the operating model. Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information and makes actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations
- Ensues adequate controls are installed and maintained. Maintains necessary documentation such that all financial activity passes independent audits
- Manages preparation and support of external audits. Ensures proper filing of tax returns and serves as a key point of contact for external auditors and revenue agencies
Required Skills or Experience
- The skills required for this position are normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Masters Degree in Finance or Accounting, a minimum of five years experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position, and a CPA. The successful candidate should have demonstrated leadership ability, team management, excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills
- The successful candidate should have experience in partnering with executive colleague, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies as well as experience working with information technology and accounting staff to manage finance and accounting software packages. Experience with Excel based enterprise resource planning (ERP) software is a plus
- Candidates for employment at LaGray must have demonstrated ability to lead/work in a team environment comfortably and effectively, be adaptable to change, manage multiple priorities, have excellent analytical and problem solving skills and proficiency with computers and related software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills and a “Can Do” attitude and imperative. A high degree of motivation and initiative is an expectation. Residency in and around Nsawam is an advantage for some positions.
How To Apply
If you fit the profile below, please log onto our website: www.lagraychem.com and send an electronic application and resume to:[email protected]
Closing 25 Nov, 2011