Posted on :
31 Jan, 2017
31 Jan, 2017
The University now has about twelve thousand full-time students studying at Lancaster for first and higher degrees, and about seven hundred academic staff out of a total staff complement of over two thousand. In addition, the university confers the degrees of two colleges at Blackburn and Blackpool and has partnerships with higher education establishments overseas, including Sunway University College in Kuala Lumpur, GD Goenka World Institute in India and the Federal University of Lavras in Brazil.
Lancaster University Ghana is continuing to invest in its departments to build on its strengths: a reputation for quality, a growing student body and dedicated and committed staff. We are located at two campuses in East Legon i.e. Jungle Avenue and the A&C Square.
Lancaster University Ghana is dynamic, ambitious and growing. It offers a friendly working environment and is committed to developing:
• Excellent student academic and social experience
• Students’ employability and enterprise skills
• Staff to become world-class academics, with strong links with industry
• Research activities in collaboration with other higher education institutions in Ghana and elsewhere.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Lancaster University Ghana is looking for a dynamic, hardworking individual to fill the position of Business Development Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Build relationships with employers in Ghana and abroad,
• Represent the university to prospective employers and seeking appropriate new placement opportunities both nationally and internationally through liaising with employers,
• Coordinate the delivery of the University Careers, Internships, Alumni and Employer Relations strategy,
• Design and deliver a wide range of employability and careers provisions across the University,
• Market partnership opportunities to the commercial and industrial sectors.
• Develop and nurture on-going relationship with corporate organizations to ensure long term partnerships and ROI,
• Coordinate the delivery of a range of extra-curricular employer events, including career development workshops and undergraduate recruitment fairs,
• Inculcate an employability ethos amongst the student body,
Work through the Internships and Placement Coordinator and Student Affairs Department to:
• Acquire and distribute career and employability guides and resources to LUG students
• Oversee advertising graduate and internship opportunities to the students
• Develop relationships with university societies
• Support and work with university societies to produce a varied range of career-related activities and events
• Oversee mentoring and careers coaching to university students
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Marketing Communications, Public Relations or in a related discipline,
• Professional certification in any of the above disciplines will be an advantage,
• Proven ability to develop relationship and partnership opportunities with corporates, academic, students and other external partners,
• Significant knowledge and working experience in Marketing, Marketing Communications and Public Relations,
• Proven ability to take initiative to develop new contacts and manage large client portfolio,
• Good understanding of Higher Education Institution(HEI) needs and respond to them,
• Significant knowledge in product development and emerging market trends,
• Knowledge in proposal writing and strategy development,
• Strong report writing, facilitation, presentation skills required,
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills required,
• Project Management skills,
• Good people-management skills,
How to Apply For the Job
Qualified persons should please send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter to:
P. O. Box CT. 9823,
Closing Date: 06 February, 2017
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.