We are a dynamic, ambitious and growing university community. We offer a friendly working environment and are committed to developing:
- An excellent student academic and social experience;
- Students’ employability and enterprise skills;
- World-class academic staff, with strong links with industry;
- Research activities in collaboration with other higher education institutions in Ghana and elsewhere.
Job Title: Network & Systems Administrator
Transnational Academic Group Ghana Limited / Lancaster University Ghana is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with a passion and commitment to excellence to fill the position of Network & Systems Administrator.
- We offer exciting opportunity to work for a leading global education services provider; as well as a friendly International working environment;
- We are committed to developing an excellent student academic and social experience, students’ employability and enterprise skills;
- We offer competitive salary.
Successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities: Network and System Administrator
- Maintain campus IT systems and network infrastructure;
- Maintain VMs, Windows Servers, Networking switches, VPN, VLAN, Cyberoam, and Cisco firewall;
- Maintain a standardized OS image and configuration of software patches, operating systems, and drivers;
- Maintain and implement antivirus systems across the campus network;
- Recommend and report on hardware and software upgrade requirements from time to time;
- Ensure daily/weekly backups of all critical server and network configuration;
- Ensure network drives are maintained and managed the user storage quota;
- Maintain user PCs including installing additional hardware as required and approved;
- Provide desktop and printing support to all users;
- Maintain IT inventory including regularly scheduled checks;
- Liaise with for hardware and software maintenance of PCs and its peripherals;
- Monitor and troubleshoot network issues and performance;
- Maintain the IT & Networking equipment on the campus
Required Skills or Experience
|Required Academic Qualifications and Competencies
||* CV/Supporting Statements/Interview
|First degree in Information Technology/ Computer Science or related areas
|Professional Certification in Information Technology
|Good knowledge of LANs and WANs including Windows servers, Active Directory, Cisco Networking, and VMWare
|Experience in the physical installation, monitoring, maintenance of clients machines, servers and networking equipment’s etc.
|CCNA, CCNP,MCSE & MCP etc.
|Excellent customer service, and interpersonal skills
|Excellent presentation, written and oral communication and negotiation skills
|Ability to plan and organise own work, and work to deadlines
- Curriculum Vitae: Applicants to submit curriculum vitae. Normally used to evaluate factual evidence e.g. award of a qualification. Will be “scored” as part of the shortlisting process.
- Supporting Statements: Applicants to provide a statement to demonstrate how they meet the criteria. The response will be “scored” as part of the shortlisting process.
- Interview: Assessed during the interview process by either competency based interview questions, tests, presentation, etc.
How to Apply
Qualified persons should please send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) together with a Statement of Support to [email protected] and mention Network & Systems Administrator in the subject line.
- Closing date: 18th March 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.