Posted on :
21 Dec, 2016
21 Dec, 2016
Perseus Mining is a dual listed (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused on the West African region. Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited (PMGL) has recently commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana. Edikan Gold Mine (EGM) has a current mining reserve of 3.3M oz of gold from a resource base of 4.3M oz. The Edikan processing facility has been designed as a 5.5Mtpa processing facility with the ability to expand this to 7.9Mtpa in the future. The plant is capable of producing at a rate of 220-270,OOOoz gold per annum.
Job Title: Senior Security Supervisor
Purpose of Role:
• The purpose of this role is to assist the Security department in the day-to-day security operations and administration to ensure a secure and stable work environment through deployment, supervision, training and motivation of security personnel.
• Supervise the day to day operations of contract security supervisors in managing access and egress of company property, surveillance, patrolling. searching etc.
• Monitor the operating and administrative activities of the contracted security force as well as security equipment.
• Conduct investigations on incidents that occur. in conjunction with other investigators and, when necessary. law enforcement officials.
• Understand, interpret and apply relevant Ghanaian laws, regulations and company policies in transactions
• Act as coordinator in emergency situations by staying apprised of all emergency response activities, monitoring emergency activities and responding as outlined in company procedure .
• Provide advice and guidance on security matters.
• Implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with security efforts.
• Maintain a good working relationship with local and national state agencies
• Ensure the development and training of subordinates
• Monitor security related activities of PMGL contractors including monitoring the execution of procedures for gold ,shipments and precipitate transportation.
• Prepare periodic security reports to assist in management decision making
• And any other duties assigned by your Supervisor
Qualification Required & Experience
• Tertiary qualification in Security Management or a related field
• Minimum of five (5) years post qualification experience in security supervision with military, police, intelligence or industrial security organisations
• Good working knowledge and experience with electronic security systems, security best practice and legislation affecting security
• Must have good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Good problem solving skills and ability to work as part of a team as well as independently and take initiatives.
• Must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality
• Enthusiastic and committed approach
• Reliable, high attention to details and honest
• Excellent working knowledge of Ghana Criminal and Mine related Laws and regulations.
• Must have business acumen
• Qualified candidate should have a valid driver’s license and no criminal record
Remuneration: Attractive conditions of service will be offered
Location: Western Region
How To Apply for The Job
Application will only be received by email to:
[email protected] with Senior Security Supervisor in the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 29 December, 2016
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunity employer