The Dean serves as the chief academic and administrative officer of the Faculty. He/she is responsible for the academic leadership and general administration of the Faculty in respect of human, financial and material resources of the Faculty within the general framework of GIMPA’s statutes and policies.
The successful candidate will help shape the future of the Faculty in ways consistent with GIMPA’s vision and strategic plan. It is expected that the newly appointed Dean will have a distinguished record of academic achievement and managerial competence.
Job Title: Dean Of Faculty Of Law
The successful person shall hold office for a term of three (3) academic years and may be eligible for another term of up to three (3) years only.
The successful candidate shall report to the Rector through the Deputy Rector.
- Provide leadership and guidance in maintaining and enhancing the vigor of research, scholarship, and other activities of faculty.
- Foster academic excellence in established courses and programs, exploring innovative approaches to teaching, and enhancing the educational experience of students at the Faculty of Law.
- Enthusiastically solicit and secure financial support for the Faculty of Law from both public and private sources within the country and from abroad.
- Ensure that all standards of accreditation are met by the Faculty.
- Make recommendations to the Academic Board for the development of new programmes and continuous legal education and professional development courses and refinement of existing programmes at the Faculty of Law.
Remuneration: Very attractive and competitive
Required Skills or Experience
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications, traits, and competencies:
- Preferably be of professorial status from a reputable institution;
- Be capable of providing academic leadership to the Faculty;
- Proven competencies and experience in leading and managing an academic unit;
- Demonstrable experience in the running and management of educational programmes, industry and public service;
- Strong commitment to academic excellence;
- Knowledge of the laws of Ghana and international laws;
- Expertise in international accreditation systems;
- Ability to develop external relations;
- Proven track record of innovative and effective leadership in higher education;
- A distinguished research and publication record;
- Ability to take initiatives leading to innovations and the development of new educational programmes;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Experience at top management in a university context will be an added advantage;
- Ability to serve a full term of three (3) years before attaining statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
How to Apply
- Applications with CV, cover letters, vision statements, copies of transcripts and certificates should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org July 31, 2018.
- Prospective applicants should also arrange for letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from three (3) referees to the above emai address by July 31, 2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted