World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Customer Support Officer
World Vision International in Ghana is seeking an Information Technology (IT) Customer Support Officer in Accra- Ghana.
Purpose of the position
- To Support and maintain the day-to-day operations of systems (hardware and business applications) in use by World Vision International (Ghana) through the provision of a client-oriented service.
- The position reports administratively to the Regional Operations Manager at Savelugu and technically to the IT Manager at the Head Office in Accra
- He or She must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
Include but not limited to the following;
- Plan and maintain a tracking system to evaluate hardware and business applications in the Regional Office, Clusters and various Projects to ensure optimal systems operations.
- Setup, install (softwares and security tools), troubleshoot and configure all end-user computers and related equipment in the Base and ADP Offices.
- Provide support to resolve all data and voice communication and related problems in the Northern Operations Base, Clusters and AP offices by working in collaboration with ADP point persons and vendors
- Liaise with Head Office IT team to ensure optimum availability of Internet and WAN Links at the Base and ADP Offices.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all IT and related hardware and software in the Northern Operations Base, Clusters and AP offices.
- Generates monthly reports and Collaborates with Project and Cluster Managers to assess their support requirements at the beginning of each Fiscal Year.
Required Skills or Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: A university degree in BSc Computer Science or related field.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Any of A+ certification, MCP, Network+
- Experience: 3years’ relevant working experience.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve performance and efficiencies in existing systems
Working Environment / Conditions
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 25% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 10%
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please get the details of the Jobs from World Vision’s website below. The deadline for submission of application is November 28, 2018.
- As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
- All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply