Posted on :
26 Sep, 2017
26 Sep, 2017
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
Job Title: Service Support – Non Client
To receive vouchers from branches, validate vouchers, recording of errors into the log register promptly.
Escalate STR / SAR; arranging teller vouchers for onward submission to the central records keeping unit.
Keeping track record of error regularization with branches and acting as backup to fellow validation officers and other job-related duties.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Act as a validation officer
• Archiving batches properly for easy retrieval
• Follow up on correction of recorded / identified errors
• Ensure you are aware of the risk of money laundering, and assist in the bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the principles in relation to: ’identifying your client, knowing your client , reporting suspicions transactions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to clients”
• Ensure adequate stocks of all stationery items are available at all times
• Ensure efficient and effective usage of office equipment
• Logging of issues in relation to the work environment
• Updating error log/ teller posting database daily in the system
• Handling branches’ enquiries in a manner that meets agreed service level standards
• Reporting all suspicious transactions to the unit manager
• Custodian of courier bags keys and filing safe assigned to you
• Record and report all discrepancies identified in the case of normal day’s work
• Consolidation and submission of daily MIS for management decisions
• Submission of the consolidated teller reports by the 5th of ensuing month.
Qualifications and Skills
A Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
Excellent attention to detail
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to multitask and prioritize diverse tasks.
The closing date for applications is 28/09/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record of your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.