PromPT is a project funded by the United States Government’s President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and managed by University Research Co. (URC), in collaboration with the Malaria Consortium and Population Council. The project aims to reduce malaria morbidity and mortality nationwide with a focus on children under 5 and pregnant women. The program provides support to the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) of Ghana.
Title: Accountant, Promoting Malaria Prevention & Treatment (ProMPT) Project
Starting Salary: Depending on qualification and experience
Assignment Length: three to twelve months renewable by mutual agreement and availability of funds.
The Accountant will, under the direction and with the Assistance of the Finance Manager, design, implement and ensure adherence to financial policy, budgets and internal control measures.
- The Accountant, under the direction of the Finance Manager, will ensure the production of financial reports, i.e. field financial reports, expenditure reports, and travel expense statements
- The Accountant will ensure that field reports are produced in a timely manner so that the required approvals can be obtained before reports are submitted to URC headquarters (HQ)
- The Accountant will ensure that original vouchers and receipts are sent to URC HQ with the appropriate certifications promptly after submission of the field report
- The Accountant will work with the Finance Manager to ensure proper expenditure tracking and develop project-appropriate expenditure tracking systems in line with project budgets and activities
- The Accountant will manage petty cash; manage issuance of checks; and manage the payments of travel advances as well as refund deposits
- The Accountant will work with the Finance Manager and staff to ensure that all project expenditures adhere to USAID/URC regulations; and, therefore, are allowable, reasonable, and allocable
Required Skills or Experience
- Advanced degree in accounting or comparable certifications/qualifications
- 2-3 years experience in accounting and general financial management of USAID programs
- 2 years experience with QuickBooks Pro
- Excellent teamwork and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
How To Apply
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please send a cover letter with your resume, including all contact details and e-mail address where applicable to: [email protected]
Closing: 23 Sep, 2011