A mortgage finance institution seeks to hire,Head of Collections/Recovery who will report to the Executive Director(Mortgage Processing)to ensure the on-time monthly of mortgage loans by clients.He/She will Establish and enhance policies and procedures to obtain operating efficiencies and to ensure optimum effectiveness.
- Manage the Institutions Portfolio and provide direction to team members regarding managing debtors portfolio
- Update lawyers and request demand letters to be issued to defaulting clients
- Update Mortgage Office software regarding court progress on defaulting clients
- Create and coordinate the preparation of a weekly update report on late Mortgage repayments
- Liaise with the company lawyer in processing defaulters for court actions
- Coordinate and attend all company court deliberations with company lawyer
- Liaise with court bailiff and auctioneers to get repossessed properties auctioned
- Any other duties assigned by the executive director.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (second class upper)
- Five years of experience in working for a financial institution
- Ability to liaise both internally at levels and external with a network of related professional service providers
- Ability to articulate viewpoints and develop a challenging team environment
- Ability to provide direction to a team and coordinate cooperate operations.
- Ability to analyze, plan and organize work to achieve cooperate goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate should have:
Knowledge in credit management, motivation for recovery activities, portfolio management, market knowledge, report writing skills, energy level, meeting recovery goals, professionalism.