Position and Purpose
Swifta Services and Systems International Ltd is looking for suitably qualified goal-oriented and result –driven person with exceptional qualities for the position of Human Resources (HR) Manager.
He/she must have strong knowledge in HR management systems, processes and procedures to plan, direct, and coordinate human resource management activities of the company to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies and regulatory compliance.
- Ensuring that HR Management Systems are in line with operational requirements to meet the short and long term demands of the Company in order to remain competitive internationally
- Managing the central Employee Relation activities of the operation in a responsible manner; be cognizant of applicable legislation and best practices and principles with the ultimate goal to enhance employee relationships, thus contributing to the overall objectives and effectiveness of the Company
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel, training or labour relations activities of an organization.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems
- Develop mechanisms to ensure that resources are effectively deployed at all sites to provide 100% customer satisfaction while maintaining employee morale and preventing employee burnout.
- Regularly provide verbal, written, quantitative, and qualitative Human Resources analyses, briefings, and recommendations to the Managing Consultant.
- Provide direction, leadership and coaching to staff members
- Provide opportunities for employees that develop their competencies.
- Provide career counselling and advice.
- Empower employees to develop themselves.
- Provide feedback on performance, take prompt corrective action when necessary and conduct Performance Evaluation Process in timely manner.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management. Masters Degree will be an advantage with evidence of progressive professional development
- Minimum of 5 years working experience including exposure to the major disciplines of human resources management, (e.g., benefits, compensation, staff relations, training and development) and staff training
- Knowledge of applicable labour laws and best practices and principles in Human Resource Management
- Proven experience & skill in the application of HR procedures pertaining to the on-boarding of new recruits, tracking of work hours, leave, disciplinary procedures, etc
- Extremely detail oriented, proactive and organized with strong technology and Microsoft Office skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building skills and adaptability to work with people from various cultures and areas of the business, including internal and external stakeholders
- A high level of maturity and ability to inspire confidence across all levels of staff.
- *Travel Requirements: 2% to 5%, primarily to West African countries and Nigeria.
How To Apply
All interested applicants should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae including referees to:
Swifta Systems and Services International Ltd.
17 Latebu Street
Closing 29 Aug, 2011