Position: GM IN & VAS
- To manage and maintain overall responsibility of the IN and VAS Department, maintain/direct the strategic roadmap of the IN, VAS& Mobile Money Solutions and aligning IN,VAS& Mobile Money Rollout with the Business Processes to ensure optimum returns on IT Investments
- Implement and develop policy statements within own sphere of professional expertise
- Prepare the departmental budget and business plan by identifying CAPEX/OPEX requirements, operational and personnel requirements to achieve strategic objectives.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of the Division Business Plan
- Develop short/long term strategies to ensure technical direction of IN and VAS to gain and support competitive advantage for MTN through the various IT Components.
- Invest time/efforts/resources into Industry Research, innovative technologies, process optimization and ensure general quality control.
- Ensure execution management and planning of programs, projects and tasks assigned to the IN & VAS Department.
- Identify functional performance improvement opportunities and implement best practice approach in order to increase the quality output of the managed function.
- Ensure overall compliance and adherence of appropriate security controls, protection and availability of MTN Ghana IN & VAS Operations and Mobile Money, Platforms and Services
- Ensure overall compliance and adherence to the internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure active and reliably tested Disaster Recovery & Business continuity plans for IN, VAS and Mobile Money Platforms.
- Identify any internal and external risks, challenges and legislative requirements which could have an impact on business and suggest specific tasks/functions/actions in order to eliminate or minimise any risk of non-compliance.
- Coordinate between the different sections of the IN& VAS Department and with other Departments within the IT Division and other divisions.
- Identify to the business any external requirement which could have an impact on the business, and suggest specific tasks/functions in order to minimise any risk of non-compliance
- Ensure maximum alignment of IT Operations, Management, Planning and Service Delivery with the Core Business and its processes, to ensure optimum return on IT Investments.
- Ensure Performance Monitoring and Exercise Good Governance principles while taking highly motivated, action oriented, and confident judgements in the best interest of the operation
- Supervise Management of third parties and vendors for provision of hosting and managed services and support contract negotiations.
- Identify, approve and coordinate training and development needs for IN & VAS Department.
- Improve quality of service, managing and reducing risks and ensuring change management and control
- Ensure a good customer relationship and acceptable satisfaction rate.
- Head the day to day activities of the IN & VAS Department
- May perform additional duties depending on changes in the nature of the job assigned by CIO
- Provide the necessary General Managerial leadership(ability to communicate vision and direction, emotionally intelligence, respect, engage & develop others and live the MTN Values) to team through the needed people interventions
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 8 years relevant work experience in IT/Telecom
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Commitment to the Organization
- Coaching & Developing
- Managing Accountability
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Customer Focus
- Performance Excellence
- Taking the Initiative
- Analytical Thinking, Problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Team building abilities
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Ability to think and articulate thoughts logically
- Knowledge in GSM and Telecom Elements.
- Knowledge in Mobile Money Services
- best practice approach in modern IT Infrastructure
- Information Security
- Risk& Fraud Analysis
- Access Control Systems & Methodology
- System integration & Architecture design
- Project Management
How to Apply:
Do you have what it takes to be part of this winning story Along with specific skills for each job, the following are standard essential requirements for most of our vacancies:
» Good level of computer literacy
» Good written and oral communication skills
» Team-working skills
If you are interested in any of the following vacancies please ensure that you meet the set criteria before sending an application letter and CV to mailto:[email protected]