Posted on :
23 Oct, 2018
23 Oct, 2018
The incumbent in the position is responsible for managing the laundry department in order to meet hotel business requirements with efficiency and effectiveness whilst ensuring the highest quality of laundry services. This department includes the following sections: laundry, linen and uniform. The laundry section provides services to hotel guests, valet shop customers, in addition to servicing the hotel complex operational Laundry needs.
Job Title: Laundry Manager
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
• Plan and coordinate all activities of every section of the laundry such as handling linen, dry cleaning and uniforms in order to meet hotel business requirements whilst ensuring the highest quality of services.
• Supervise Laundry operations such as cleaning and maintain all Linen and Uniforms whilst ensuring satisfaction of all customers internal and external, timely and defect free.
• Select, train, develop, schedule and manage the performance of direct and indirect subordinate to ensure the efficient running of Laundry operations.
• Check the cleaning of guest and staff clothes, uniforms and linen of the hotel in order to meet the Kempinski quality standards and take corrective actions when necessary.
• Verify the laundry equipment on a regular basis to ensure proper functioning.
• Identify the Laundry Department training needs, develop the training plan and get the approval of Executive Housekeeper before the implementation of training.
• Keep up to date a list of requests for linen and uniforms for each department so that they are in line with their budget.
• Prepare and organize the quarterly linen inventory, write a report and ensure replacement which is necessary.
• Prepare the yearly budget for the valet shop/ hotel guest laundry, monitor its expenses and strive to increase its revenue.
• Handle guest complaints and give further instructions to the staff if needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual laundry budget and manning guide and manage within the budget guidelines without effects on the quality of laundry services.
• Keep abreast of all new equipments and new cleaning products and evaluate their quality.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Responsibilities
• Diploma/ Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management or related field.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in a laundry management position, preferably in a four or five star hotel
• Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
• English – excellent oral and written skills
• Additional language – beneficial
• Supervisory skills
• Luxury Hotel Experiences
• Passionate for Food & Beverage
• People Oriented
• Passionate for European luxury
• Good Communication skills
• Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Operational knowledge of laundry equipment (washing machine, dry-cleaner, pressing machine)
• Knowledge on how to clean different fabric materials
• Works in a safe, prudent and organised manner.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Basic knowledge of Micros
• Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.