Lincoln Community School is one of the leading American International Schools in Africa and currently serves a population of 760 students from over 66 different nationalities.
Job Title: Elementary School Principal’s Assistant
Scope of Responsibilities
- The Elementary School Principal’s Assistant provides day to day administrative support to the Principal as required.
- The Assistant is expected to deliver friendly, courteous and efficient customer care services to all parents, staff, students and visitors at the school.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will :
- Be responsible for undertaking a broad range of administrative tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the principal.
- Be responsible for updating records/inputting data on various software used in the school under the direction of the principal (e.g. Google: Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms).
- Be responsible for organizing meetings as requested by the principal
- Be responsible for writing and issuing permit slips for students going off campus under the direction of the principal.
- Be responsible for assisting elementary school teachers with day to day requests as necessary.
- Be responsible for receiving phone calls to the elementary school, taking accurate messages and delivering messages accordingly.
- Be responsible for ensuring cover teachers have arrived, their names recorded and they know where their classroom is.
- Be responsible for assisting elementary school students and staff with various requests.
- Be responsible for scheduling appointments for parents with the principal as necessary.
- Be responsible for distributing forms and letters to teachers and children as and when required.
- Be responsible for monitoring and locating students on campus at the request of the principal.
- Be responsible for supervising students whose parents are late to pick them up after school, phoning those parents and reporting reoccurring cases to the principal.
- Be responsible for collating the attendance data for students, presenting reports on attendance as necessary and calling parents of students who are absent each morning to confirm absence.
- Be responsible for managing lost and found items and periodically putting items out for collection.
- Be responsible for managing various projects as directed by the principal.
- Assist with the organization of various events organized for the elementary school under the direction of the principal.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a customer service environment.
- Minimum of a year of experience working in a school environment (desirable)
- Experience of using Microsoft office suite
- Experience of using Google suite (Google docs, sheets, drive, forms)
- Experience of database management i.e. inputting data
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to answer phones and respond appropriately
- Good organization skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills- ability to work with many different ages and cultures
- Ability to follow through with instructions
- Attention to detail and efficient time management
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours when required to do so.
- Flexible – ability to perform other duties as requested and capable of using independent judgment in anticipating and then performing the responsibilities of the position
How to Apply
How To Apply The compensation package for the position is competitive; salary will depend on relevant experience and qualifications. If you have proven a proven track record of achievement in a public relations role and you are interested in the opportunity to work in an international environment where you will be challenged and developed professionally then please visit our website:http://www.lincoln.edu.gh/adminvacancies to view the full job description. Interested applicants should submit the following documents to [email protected].
- A cover letter highlighting experience relevant to the role
- An up to date resume
The closing date for the position is 20th May 2019. Please note that the school will only contact short listed candidates