Lincoln Community School is one of the leading American International Schools in Africa and currently serves a population of 760 students from over 66 different nationalities.
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Scope of Responsibilities
- The Procurement Assistant is responsible for providing day to day administrative support to the Procurement Officer as required and ensure the stock room is kept tidy and orderly.
- The Assistant is expected to deliver friendly, courteous and efficient customer care services in the courses of their duties.
- Responsible for receiving and inspecting all incoming goods ordered through the procurement department.
- Responsible for carrying out reconciliation of goods received through procurement orders; ensuring that the accurate quantities, quality and correct specifications are received as per the purchasing order.
- Manage inventory system to capture all procurement stock.
- Carry out stock taking exercises and provide regular reports on availability of stock.
- Make requisition for purchase of inventory needs.
- Process stationery orders from staff and deliver ordered goods to staff where necessary.
- Assists in the preparation of property for auction and assists in keeping a record of sold goods.
- Maintain an orderly filing system of all procurement documents.
- Assist procurement officer with receiving, checking and distributing overseas orders.
- Provide weekly stock reports to procurement officer.
- Assist procurement officer in general procurement duties and deputize in the absence of procurement officer.
- Any other duties assigned by the procurement officer in tandem with accepted procurement practices at LCS.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree or equivalent in any field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience and demonstrated success in a procurement role or similar administrative role
- Experience of managing an inventory database
- Experience of providing front line services to customers
- Proven experience of creating and or using electronic / manual filing systems (google drive preferred)
- Proven Exceptional inter-personal skills; ability to work collaboratively with staff and suppliers.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent technological skills.
- Knowledge of warehouse procedures including methods of proper storage and inventory procedures.
- Ability to lift heavy loads (boxes) and use a delivery trolley.
How to Apply
The compensation package for the position is competitive; salary will depend on relevant experience and qualifications. If you have proven a proven track record of achievement in a public relations role and you are interested in the opportunity to work in an international environment where you will be challenged and developed professionally then please visit our website:http://www.lincoln.edu.gh/adminvacancies to view the full job description. Interested applicants should submit the following documents to [email protected].
- A cover letter highlighting experience relevant to the role
- An up to date resume
The closing date for the position is 20th May 2019. Please note that the school will only contact short listed candidates