Posted on :
20 Dec, 2017
20 Dec, 2017
Lincoln Community School is one of the leading American International Schools in Africa and currently serves a population of 760 students from over 66 different nationalities.
Job Title: Security & Safety Assurance Supervisor
Reports to: Operations & Facilities Manager
Position Summary/Job Goal
Under the supervision of the Operations & Facilities Manager the Security & Safety Assurance Supervisor is responsible for promoting and ensuring the best standards of security, environmental health and safety under the responsibility of the Operations and Facilities Manager.
In addition, the Security & Safety Assurance Supervisor will undertake other general and occupational health and safety duties under the direction of Operations & Facilities Manager.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Ensure the safety and security of the School (students, staff, parents and other members of the community) while on campus or any other school facility.
2. Monitor security intelligence information and liaise with the US embassy (RSO) to advice the school appropriately
3. Periodic inspection of the school premises, residences new and or prospected residences to advice on and ensure compliance with security and safety standards
4. To propose and implement appropriate systems that will promote the school’s safety, security and emergency response systems
5. Ensure proper security and safety records and systems are put in place in the operations and services of the school
6. Oversee all safety and security logistics, administrative scheduling and security/safety training of school staff (including contract workers) and students, as needed and required
7. Contribute to the review of all security and safety systems including emergency response manual and ensure proper record keeping and compliance within international safety standards
8. Ensure maximum security of the school premises and residential units by ensuring the patrols and inspections of property (buildings, fencing, and
equipment and access/egress points) are carried out effectively
9. Responsible for monitoring surveillance equipment and ensure maximum effectiveness of all security systems
10. Manage access control and distribution of ID’s at the beginning and end of each school year.
11. Investigate suspicious activities or safety and security violations, accidents, suspected thefts/losses and ensure appropriate records; logs and activity reports are kept.
12. Liaise with security services contractor(s), safety and fire prevention services contractors, etc. to ensure safety and security of the School (campus and residences).
13. Liaise with the Ghana Police Service (GPS), the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) and the Accra Metropolitan Authority (on traffic control issues)
14. Periodically review guard post commands and ensure appropriate training of guards.
15. Assists with traffic flow during student drop-off and pickup periods; ensures traffic control measures as necessary and provides direction and information
16. Ensures compliance with parking policy and the provision of security at events as needed
17. Ensures that security checks of persons on campus and school premises for identification, authorization, information, movements and controls are
adequate and appropriate.
18. Monitors campus for activities, incidents and conditions that can be hazardous and ensure compliance with policy; reports or takes corrective action as required by school policy
19. Have an understanding of procedures for any type of emergency and respond in a timely manner to emergency events, issues, staffing (guards)
deficiencies and other management requests
20. Ensure the school and its residences are provided with adequate fire prevention mechanisms which must be in good condition and that the school is always covered with a fire certificate
21. Develop and enforce safe work systems, training systems and control mechanisms to enhance safety in the school
22. Any other duties commensurate with the role as may be assigned by supervisor
Required Skills or Experience
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
A minimum of five years previous security, military and or enforcement experience at a similar level to this role
A minimum of two years’ experience in a health and safety role
Proven experience of monitoring security intelligence information on the local and international fronts and advice appropriately
Proven experience of conducting security risk assessments of residential homes, routes and school premises and make appropriate recommendations for improvement
Experience in a health and safety role , advising on health and safety systems including best practice
Proven ability to work effectively with staff, students, parents, school administration and local law enforcement representatives.
Demonstrable experience in supervising security personnel
Excellent written and verbal communication
Ability to plan and organize schedule of work
Proven ability to use technology in area of work ( to be tested)
Ability to read and write proficiently
First Degree qualification or equivalent
Qualification/training in security and or safety will be an added advantage.
Clean driver’s license ( class C )
Conditions of work
You may be required to work outside normal working hours.
You may be required to work at night on some days
Tasks are regularly performed with some risk of exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dust, humidity, rain, temperature extremes, traffic hazards and possible violence.
How to Apply
The compensation package for the position is competitive; salary will depend on relevant experience and qualifications. If you have proven a proven track record in an institution of similar nature and meet the job specification requirements then please visit our website: http://www.lincoln.edu.gh/adminvacancies to view the job description. Interested applicants should submit the following:
1. Submit a resume/dossier
2. Cover letter stating how your experience qualifies you for the position
3. Submit a list of references that includes name, office address, phone (office and cell) and current email address. These should be individuals who have supervised your work including your most recent employer.
4. Send these documents, preferably as one PDF file to: [email protected]
5. Please note that the school will only contact short listed candidates