The Office & Personnel Manager shall organise and supervise activities that facilitate the smooth and efficient running of MainOne’s Offices in Ghana.
The OPM shall coordinate internal operations activities within the MainOne Ghana office, as well as, provide timely and effective support to other functions, in order to ensure that they achieve their respective objectives.
The OPM shall be the custodian of Main One’s policies and shall ensure that these are complied with and implemented, as stated, within the company’s Ghana operations. Therefore, the OPM will be required to participate actively in periodic meetings (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) with HR, Support Services and other teams, as required.
Job Title: Office & Personnel Manager (OPM)
Other responsibilities include:
Office Administration and Procurement
- Ensure that office policies are properly communicated to all staff.
- Organise office layout, maintain office equipment and arrange for necessary repairs.
- Design filing systems, as well as, procedures for maintaining records and ensure all systems are up to date.
- Oversee the procurement of and ensure adequate supply of office stationery, equipment and consumables.
- Develop and manage relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Assign and regulate clerical and secretarial functions to support staff within the office.
- Manage the workload of support staff and other direct reports.
- Ensure that HSE policies are strictly adhered to and report incidents to the HSE coordinator, as soon as incidents occur, and on a periodic basis.
- Handle complaints and inquiries.
- Resolve disputes in the office.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all company vehicles including the implementation of a preventive maintenance plan to guard against avoidable expense on vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Keep records of vehicle repair and routine service and ensure vehicle are serviced as, and when due.
- Maintain a record/database of all fleet details, vehicle particulars/documents and maintenance records.
- Maintain an inventory system through recording of all expenditures of each vehicle, fuel purchase, repairs, supplies, etc.
- Perform weekly inspections and preventive checks on vehicles such as car fluids, lubrications, safety inspections, tyres, C-Caution etc.
- Check all repair works performed in automobile workshop for completeness. This includes physical inspections and road tests before vehicle is returned to user.
- Streamline and monitor fuel purchase system with assistance of fuel cards for all vehicles and drivers ensuring all purchases are in line with company policies
Travel and Logistics
- Be the first point of contact for all travel requests in Ghana.
- Liaise with employees on itinerary requirements and forward to Travel Officer who will process all approved requests.
- Liaise with Travel Officer to process travel allowances and per diem for employees on approved official trips.
- Request booking arrangements from various travel agents or airlines with respective offers and liaise with external parties such as airlines regarding bookings and schedules.
- Organize protocol services for executive and expatriates on business trips.
- Supervise logistics arrangements for staff and work with the Fleet Officer on transportation arrangements for airport transfers.
- Stay in touch with the Travel/ Logistics Officer to supervise material movement and relocation of assets.
Human Resource Management
- Provide input on the organization structure/chart for the Ghana Office, as and when required.
- Provide input to the group manpower plan, as well as identify vacancies.
- Maintain and update the manpower plan, for the Ghana office, as required.
- Provide advise and support in the selection, recruitment and induction process for new hires into the Ghana Office – advertisements, testing, job descriptions, interviewing, recruitment reports.
- Maintain and update regularly an active and organized data bank of applicants for various positions.
- Ensure that new hires are properly onboarded including the provision of work tools on the first day of work.
- Ensure prompt payment and transfers for monthly employee remittances.
- Evaluate and manage the performance of direct reports, as well as, manage/coordinate the performance appraisal process and provide input into disciplining staff and the promotion exercise.
- Provide input on salary level and the working conditions of employees in the Ghana office.
- Provide inputs on training needs as well as devise training programs for employees.
- Provide training logistics support and where necessary conduct training.
- Prepare monthly workforce profile for the Ghana Office.
- Establish and maintain personnel records and applicants’ records on an ongoing basis and ensure they are secure.
- Develop and implement an annual employee engagement plan specific to the Ghana Office
- Supervise the IT Assistant in the Ghana office in carrying out day-to-day IT responsibilities, including resolving IT related issues/queries.
- Work with the Group IT team to ensure adequate provision of IT services, equipment and work tools across Ghana Office Locations.
Financial Operations Support
- Oversee the implementation of the petty cash management policy within the Ghana Office.
- Oversee the disbursement of payments to employees and all third parties.
- Record office expenditure and remit records to the Finance department.
- Raise PRs for non-technical related expenses for the Ghana Office.
- Prepare supporting documents for financial transactions
Business Process Management
- Document policies/processes/procedures that are specific to Ghana for relevant functions
- Coordinate policies/processes/procedures documentation focus group meetings in Ghana.
- Review policies/processes/procedures, identifying and reporting improvement opportunities to management.
- Relate with the Certification Body on Integrated MS certifications matters.
- Drive closeout of IMS audit findings and process review recommendations in Ghana.
- Prepare weekly reporting on the status of Ghana IMS activities, audit findings and improvement opportunities.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- At least seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- Business and operational knowledge
- Experience of Human Resource Management
- Basic book-keeping and accounting skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
Demands of the Job
Ability to multi-task efficiently without compromising on quality
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation of the Ghana Office
- Constant awareness of sensitivity and confidentiality involved in function