MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Our world-class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fiber optic networks, and data center facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing solutions in West Africa. Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers.
Job Title: Head, Network Ghana
The Head, Network Ghana will be responsible for all technical activities for this growing infrastructure based telecom operator. Responsibilities will include, network planning, managing technical solutions and delivery for customers, engineering and implementation/build-out, operations management, network and service performance assurance in line with business requirements, overall support of business development activities within the region.
Specifically, the Head, Network Ghana will;
- Oversee all technology aspects of the company within the region.
- Direct the teams to new product and service development, network planning, engineering and implementation, including infrastructure build-out to new Francophone regions and service delivery to customer locations.
- Oversee solutions development to address a growing set of telecom service needs.
- Supervise technical sales support and global network operations including managing the delivery of end-to-end services over Main One’s international network, terrestrial networks in the region, IP/MPLS footprint and partner networks with technology from leading global OEMs.
Required Skills or Experience
- Electrical or Electronics Engineering degree including a Masters’ degree in Business, Engineering or Management
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Telecommunications industry with at least 8 years with infrastructure based service provider
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience
- Experience with the design, deployment, and operations of physical network infrastructure including DWDM networks, preferably both terrestrial and submarine systems, optical network solutions and microwave technologies
- Experience deploying and managing services delivered via network solutions using SDH, IP, Ethernet and MPLS Technologies
- Experienced manager with ability to develop middle-level technical management
- Strong technical, network engineering and operations skills
- Extensive experience of Business & Operational Support Systems (BSS/OSS) and IT Applications (CRM/ERP)
- Proven experience of managing CAPEX and OPEX budgets against specific commercial objectives
- Ability to deliver network features and enhancements on time and on budget
- Ability to effectively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff to achieve business objectives.
How to Apply
Attractive remuneration packages, a pleasant working environment, and challenging career prospects await the successful candidates.
To apply, please email your curriculum vitae to [email protected]
Ensure you indicate YOUR NAME AND THE POSITION you are applying for in the Subject line of the email.
Deadline: May 23, 2017.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted