MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Our world-class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fiber-optic networks, and data center facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing solutions in West Africa. Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers.
Job Title: Projects Supervisor, Ghana
- Department: Technical
- Reporting Line: DGM, Networks (Ghana)
The Projects Supervisor, Technical Projects is responsible for the project management of assigned Technical team’s Capital projects, ensuring that they meet the quality standards set, and are delivered on time, within budget and resources. The Technical Project Supervisor will also manage the vendors and partners involved in the Technical team’s capital projects, and ensure all projects are executed to meet the business objectives and strategic intent of Main One.
Other responsibilities include:
- End to end project management and delivery (Initiation, Planning, Implementation, Quality Control & Reporting, Documentation & Closure) of assigned projects and in line with overall business goals.
- Create Project Initiation Documents and detailed Project plans including project objectives, key deliverables, project schedule, budget and cost tracking for the
- Technical team on assigned capital projects
- Document and analyze potential project risks, barriers and obstacles and define appropriate mitigating plans to enable timely avoidance/ resolution
- Develop processes and procedures required for the implementation of capital projects.
- Vendor engagement and management as needed per project to ensure technical competence, accurate quotations and assist in negotiations for cost savings to keep within budget
- Co-ordinate technology teams and vendors in the deployment of Network Infrastructure (PoPs and Co-location Rooms etc.)
- Research new technology solutions to support customers’ needs and support in their procurement and deployment
- Provide technical information and support to other units in line with business efforts (Commercial and Legal teams)
- Document Management of hardcopy and Softcopy for all Capital Projects Implemented. SharePoint management and archiving.
- Co-ordinate technical team reporting to management including creation, collation and edition of Shareholders report, business and lenders reports as needed by the business on technical projects
- Mentor junior project team members in providing direction with on tasks and projects, necessary motivation required for teamwork and continuous performance, providing feedback. Assist with skills acquisition and learning plans in line with business objectives
- Prepare technical reports and presentations on all Technical capital projects to management as required.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Project Management
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience with exposure to a project management function in a telecommunications network environment
- Industry awareness and commercial acumen
- Great attention to detail
- Organization, planning and budgeting skills
- Good knowledge of telecoms network quality standards and support infrastructure
- Business process design and development skills
- Report writing skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, negotiation, and persuasive skills
- Very strong Project Management skills
- Strong ability to work under pressure, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Demands of the job
- Will be required to liaise and interface with other groups/departments typically involved in the technical management of the core network including Technical Procurement. Will be required to be on site to supervise activities.
- Will also be required to produce a daily report on site activities and state of the project.
- Attractive remuneration package, a pleasant working environment and challenging career prospects await the successful candidate.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.