Job Title: Data Center Security & Facility Coordinator
- Ensure Compliance with all the Organization’s security policies and procedures.
- Supervise all security personnel within the organization for the region, ensuring routine activities are carried out as specified and approved.
- Review CCTV footage on a weekly basis and provide report on events/observations
- Schedule duties of individual security officers including but not limited to patrols, leave, duty roster etc.
- Generate appropriate security reports on all incidents for management use.
- Ensure physical and environmental safety within the DC facility and its enviro, escalating any potential hazard to the management
- Ensure visitors/customers are not delayed at the gate for more than 2 minutes.
- Ensure constant inspection of all entry and exit registers, ensuring daily logs of all activities around the company.
- Serve as the first point of call for all security incidence escalation within the organization.
- Work with the ISMS team to ensure the DC complies with the applicable physical security standards including monthly ISMS meetings.
- Provide clock in and clock out details for all Security personnel
- Ensure compliance by with the security policies and procedures governing the operations of the data center by all.
- Coordinate fire drills and emergencies, ensuring proper accountability for all employees within the building.
- Develop procedures to ensure physical safety of employees and visitors.
- Investigate security breaches, providing fact finding and incident reports to the senior Management.
- Ensure backup of all electronic surveillance systems are up to date and in proper working condition.
- Constantly conducting audits to find loopholes in security processes and recommending reviews as may be necessary.
- Supervise replenishment of first aid medications in the First Aid Box.
- Ensure the servicing and maintenance of all fire safety systems in the facility, working with the Operations team.
- Conduct HSE/Security induction training for Visitors.
- Prioritize security initiatives as may be recommended by senior management.
- Maintain a cordial relationship with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies.
- Responsible for managing the DC facilities ensuring that they are more aesthetically pleasing and remain people friendly.
- Develop and implement best practice facility management plans for the DC
- Ensure that the Company’s infrastructure deployed outside, around, and inside the facilities are properly maintained and working optimally.
- Ensure general upkeep and maintenance of DC grounds, buildings, and external perimeters to ensure that they meet health and safety standards and regulatory requirements.
- Plan and manage facility central services such as cleaning, landscaping, maintenance of drainage systems in and around the facilities, bush clearing, waste disposal, parking spaces, etc.
- Conduct regular /inspections/spot checks on the DC facility for signs of wear and tear and ensure stakeholders are engaged for resolution..
- Conduct regular facility risk assessment exercises around the DC area and recommend modes of management that ensure these risks are reduced.
- Ensure the DC facility meets compliance standards and government regulations.
- Carry out HSE inspection of the facility and its surroundings, ensuring follow through on any issues until closure.
- Keep up to date with environmental issues, new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of relevant facilities and health, safety, and environment (HSE) legislation.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by Line Managers.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its global equivalent Degree/Higher National Diploma (HND) and must have at least 3 years’ experience on the role.
- Facility Management and HSE certifications will be an added advantage
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Report writing skills
- Good attention to details
- Ability to coordinate other security operatives (armed or otherwise)
- People management skills
- Problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Good collaboration and team working skills
- Able to follow through, work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Time and self-management skills. Ability to take initiative and think out of the box
- Must be skilled in the standards, concepts, practices, procedures within the health, safety, and environmental fields.
- Must have knowledge or training in occupational health, safety, and environmental compliance with applicable international, federal, and state regulations and standards.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications.
Demands of the Job
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet emergencies responses.
- Pragmatic approach to resolving issues
- Will be exposed to some dusty and noisy conditions periodically