AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Electrical Supervisor – Process Plant.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Supervisor – Process Plant is accountable for the monitoring and control of output of Surface Processing Plant Electrical refurbishment and new build through the application of operational policies, standards, processes and procedures to maximise plant availability in a sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Gather information for the Mechanical Superintendent – Processing Plant for reporting performance
- Support the Electrical refurbishment and New Construction of Processing Plant in the project and transition into operations. Execute refurbishment, later maintenance on a routine scheduled basis for the processing plant.
- Lead a team of Electrical Technicians LV to carry out maintenance of the LV electrics of the processing plant during the Phase1 & 2 Operations.
- Assist the Electrical Superintendent – Processing Plant to develop condition monitoring routes and checks for processing plant electrical equipment.
- Maintain fixed plant in the Process Plant. This involves maintaining all electrical systems relating to Crushers, Conveyor Systems, Pumps, Ball Mill, Vibrating Screens & Feeders, Cranes & Hoists, Cyclones and Tanks. PM inspections, disconnect/reconnection of motors, programming of VSD’s, maintaining the integrity of the operating environment of all electrical equipment.
- Assist the Engineering Technical team to implement energy management initiatives or projects. Liaise with Electrical Engineers regarding future installations and supply capabilities.
- Assist with shutdown co-ordination and execution on the Electrical aspect.
- Refer to schematic drawings and relate these to fault find issues with electrical equipment. Update drawings and give feedback to respective Engineering Technical Team.
- Monitor general physical condition of plant assets and report.
- Monitor preventive and corrective actions as necessary.
- Generate work requests in SAP as required for new build/ maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Ensure routine condition monitoring tasks are performed on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools according to the established schedules and also as per the plant requirements.
- Actively participate in maintenance review programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process of Electrical equipment as per requirements.
- Identify, communicate, and implement potential cost reduction initiatives.
- Propose cost savings projects.
- Execute work in a timely manner; coordinate refurbishment fabrication work contractors to time plan, escalate real or potential delays.
- Monitor equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Maintenance Management, or equivalent.
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses.
- An experienced Electrical maintenance Supervisor with 5+ years’ experience in, preferably, Metallurgical processing plant maintenance.
- At least (3) years in supervisory role, preferably Processing plant maintenance.
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC).
- Knowledge of SAP PM Module.
- Strong Electrical maintenance competencies in mining and/or extractive metallurgy environment
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good Supervisory practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
- Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
- Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
- Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
- Consistent with the company values
- Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
- To support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
- Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
- Able to work different kinds of people
- Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 18TH MARCH, 2019.