MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. MSIG is part of Marie Stopes International’s global partnership, which operates in over Thirty-Seven (37) countries worldwide.
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator – Public Sector Strengthening (PSS) Channel
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancy for a passion-driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individual with the below relevant qualification/s and experience.
- Length of contract: All vacancies advertised have One (1) year contract (renewable base upon good performance).
Marketing Coordinator – Public Sector Strengthening (PSS) Channel
- The Marketing Coordinator-PSS Channel is responsible for leading and coordinating the adaptation of demand generation strategies for family planning in each PSS site with support of GHS Health Promotion Officer by ensuring Whole PSS site orientation on family planning, championing community entry and needs assessments.
- He/she will assist the Head of Marketing to develop and implement community entry and family planning demand generation strategies of Ghana Health Service for facilities under WISH funded Public Sector Strengthening and will oversee the development and implementation of PSS facility specific quarterly Demand Generation Plan, based on opportunities identified in communities in collaboration with GHS Health Promotion Officers.
- The role is based in Accra and expected to travel to other regions in Ghana when needed.
- He /She reports to the Head of Marketing
- Responsible for training and capacity building on communication for behaviour change for community mobilizers working with PSS sites and lead joint Demand Generation impact monitoring with GHS and RME.
- Responsible for working directly with all in the MSG Health Promotion Officers and their Regional Managers to align on sustainable demand generation strategies for family planning.
- Ensure visibility and good use of the brand in all interventions. More concretely, to permanently ensure a good physical and mental awareness of MSG brand in PSS sites
- Coordinating meetings with GHS Health Promotion Unit (National, Regional and District) to adapt family planning demand generations that fit GHS strategies and suggest adoption of new tools/methods for sustainable demand generation.
- Lead in the development of communication materials that will drive awareness of family planning services within PSS sites.
- Ensure strategies are implemented to ensure steady increase in the number of clients who assess Family planning services within PSS sites.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities, analyze the results and propose appropriate solutions for their improvement.
- Ensure regular training on SBCC, tooling (Job aids, posters etc) and good management of Community Based mobilisers for sustained high performance.
- Lead the sensitization, engagement and signing of MoUs with identified partner organisations (including Ghana Health Service), CBOs, youth and people living with disabilities.
- Adopt strategies for sensitization and mobilisation of community leaders, men and/or other identified influencing groups on Family Planning.
- Work with MSG Health Promotion Officers to develop and sign off OTIF Quarterly DG plans for all PSS Sites.
- Develop systems for measuring / tracking impact of interventions developed in collaboration with M&E.
- Ensure regular internal cross-team data review and learning meetings are organized with internal stakeholders, ensure documentation and sharing of all field learnings.
- Any other duties which will ensure the smooth and effective running of MSI Ghana.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Health Promotions, Public Health, Project Management or Populations Studies
- Master’s Degree in Marketing, Public Health would be an advantage
- Other relevant professional qualifications, e.g. Project Management, Communications and Marketing
The candidate must have;
- Minimum of Five (5) years of relevant post- graduation work experience with community mobilisation and activations
- Demonstrated understanding of Health Promotion within Ghana Health Service.
- Ability to build successful relationships and fair understanding of the community entry and mobilisation under the CHIPS Compound National Strategy.
- Experience in marketing to young people with good knowledge of current communications methods
- Experience of managing brands and using marketing research, analysis techniques and tools to inform decision making.
- Experience of delivering integrated messages and campaigns across a variety of offline and online channels, including emerging technologies and social media
- Experience of managing relationships with communications agencies and internal stakeholders
- Excellent coordination skills and passionate about field work
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; able to write high quality reports
- Experience of working with databases and CRM systems
- Computer literate (office package Excellent Word, Powerpoint, Excel skills and search engines)
- Experience in working for and with NGOs (or multilateral or bilateral agencies such as the UN); specific experience working with international NGOs
- Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services
- Must be pro-choice and passionate about maternal health
How to Apply
- This is a local position. Interested Non-Ghanaians must, therefore, have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
- Please submit your application by filling this online form via this link: https://tinyurl.com/MSG-MKTG-COORD-PSS by the Close of Business on Wednesday
- Please fill application with the exact job title and location if indicated.
- Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Females are encouraged to apply