Posted on :
8 Nov, 2022
8 Nov, 2022
Established in 2006, Marie Stopes Ghana (MSG) is an affiliate of MSI Reproductive Choices and is one of the largest specialized Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) organisations in Ghana. MSG complements the Ministry of Health and Child Care in the provision of quality and affordable general health and SRH services in all provinces of Ghana.
MSG is seeking qualified personnel for an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded family planning activity in Ghana. The goal of the activity is to contribute to the reduction of maternal mortality and morbidity through increased access to comprehensive, voluntary family planning (FP) services to poor and underserved populations in Ghana.
Job Title: Chief Of Party
The COP will be responsible for the overall management and operations of the project and working closely with the Country Director, will be the key liaison with USAID. They will represent the project to USAID, the government of Ghana, partners, and other stakeholders. They will assume overall management for project finances, staff and partnerships. They will supervise activity implementation and ensure the program meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
• Providing overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision and management to staff and the overall project team including staff, consultants and partner organisations.
• Providing overall technical and administrative leadership to the project implementation team including development of strategies, budgets, work plans, MEL plans and reporting.
• Serves as the project’s primary point of contact with USAID, other implementing partners, the government of Ghana and other stakeholders; ensure alignment and harmonization with other programs and stakeholders where appropriate.
• Ensuring interventions reflect high technical quality and are in line with the project’s scope of work.
• Leading and managing staff professional development to build their capacity and strengthening competency and expertise.
• Overseeing budget implementation and financial management.
• Identify areas of risk in a timely manner and work to mitigate their impact by instituting systems that seek to minimize fraud, waste and abuse.
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
To succeed in this role, you must have:
• A Master’s degree or higher in public health, medicine, management, social sciences, or related field.
• Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in a senior role leading a complex health service delivery program of similar scope and dollar value ($10 million+), preferably in Ghana, of which at least 5 years as a COP, DCOP, Project Director or similar high-level executive position. Experience managing family planning and reproductive health programs preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of USAID planning and reporting systems, operations, programming, structure and sub-award compliance. Experience of working with other major donors is also desirable.
• Ten (10) years’ experience building partnerships with the local government, donors, multilateral organisations, academia, private sector, and local community, preferably in Ghana.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click below To Apply Online
• This application is open only to Ghanaian nationals or permanent residents with work permits.
• All positions are contingent upon funding to MSG and approval by USAID.
• Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting and interviews will be on rolling basis.
• Submission deadline is Close of Business 11th November 2022.
• Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 11 November, 2022