MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. MSIG is part of Marie Stopes International’s global partnership, which operates in over Thirty-Seven (37) countries worldwide.
Job Title: Capacity Building Midwife
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancies for a passion driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individuals with the below relevant qualification/s and experience – Capacity Building Midwife
Length of contract: All vacancies advertised have One (1) year contract (renewable base upon good performance).
The Capacity Building Midwife will contribute to the successful strengthening of the public sector in line with the Evolving model strategy and values of MSIG as well as the goals of sustainability in accordance with the country’s national Policy. The midwife will be primarily responsible for providing supportive clinical quality supervision and focused clinical trainings and mentoring to the selected public facilities in the assigned regions of work. The Capacity Building Midwife will be based in Upper West Region with travel to service delivery points in support of quality assurance through monitoring, mentoring and clinical training of public sector strengthening facilities. The Capacity Building Midwife will report to the Regional Manager in the region of operation.
- Lead the capacity building team in identifying health facilities in target areas for Service delivery
- Create, nurture and maintain a good working relationship with GHS, opinion leaders, police and local partner organizations for effective collaboration.
- Encourage a commitment to accommodating clients’ special needs such as flexibility on working hours, strict privacy and confidentiality to generate demand for MSIG/GHS services
- Identify appropriate training needs within your team and, in consultation with the Regional Manager, arrange for appropriate trainings and induction of new team members.
- Timely collate and submit incidents reports to the Regional Manager and Director of MDT.
- Monitor monthly team results and in collaboration with the Regional Manager make appropriate recommendations to meet set targets.
- Support GHS providers to build capacity in Clinical services including: IUCD, Implant insertion and removal.
- Professional management of client complaints and/or clinical incidents on site
- Support GHS providers to adhere strictly to all GHS/MSI clinical quality standards to achieve the highest score in all QTA activities
- Ensure formal communications with the various health partners are properly documented
- Develop monthly CBT site schedule and submit same to GHS before visit
- Carry out any other lawful duties assigned by the Regional Manager.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a recognised clinical qualification in Midwifery
- Must be registered with a recognised local professional body in Ghana and of good standing
- Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision
Skill and Experience
- At least One (1) year post-graduation experience in a Midwifery position
- Experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Excellent provider-client interaction skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Work experience with Ghana Health Service and/or an INGO
- Articulate and analytical with attention to detail
- Knowledge of health delivery system in Ghana
- Must be multi-skilled and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services
- Be able to work on own initiative and at longer periods.
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels –government, donor and community
- Passionate about maternal health and the vulnerable
- Motivates team members to deliver high quality service and result
- Team player, self motivator and able to motivate others to achieve results
- Pro-choice and pro-family planning
How To Apply
Please submit your application by filling this online form via this link: https://tinyurl.com/msig-channelleadcentres by the Close of Business of Tuesday, 4th August, 2020.
- Please fill application with the exact job title and location if indicated.
- Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- These are local positions. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
- Females are encouraged to apply