MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. MSIG is part of Marie Stopes International’s global partnership, which operates in over Thirty-Seven (37) countries worldwide.
Job Title: Health Promotion Officer (HPO)
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancy for a passion driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individual with the below relevant qualification/s and experience.
- Length of contract: All vacancies advertised have One (1) year contract (renewable base upon good performance).
Health Promotion Officer (HPO) – (Ashanti, Western, Volta And Northern)
- The Health Promotion Officer will be responsible for the field implementation of projects activities (PSS). The Health Promotion Officer will take active steps in liaising with GHS as partners and other key stakeholders at the District and community level to improve project visibility and increase project deliverables in accordance with the workplan and within the agreed time frame.
- The VAD and WISH Projects has a three-step evolving model: Provision of quality FP services through MSIG outreach, building capacity of GHS service providers through the Capacity Building Model and ensuring service quality through Continuous Supportive Supervision (CSS) to achieve the desired Public Sector Strengthening (PSS) objective.
- The Health Promotion Officer (HPO) will reporting to the Project Manager/Channel Lead.
- Able to engage with GHS DHMT to make sure FP is placed as the fore front of district plans
- Lead the adaptation of demand generation strategies for family planning in each PSS site with support of GHS Health Promotion Officer by ensuring Whole PSS site orientation, undertaking community entry, community needs assessment & community consultation and setting up of community health management Committees.
- Liaise with Capacity building team and GHS to intensify implementation of the work schedule for the project period.
- Assist in facilitating community entry approaches in all communities through innovative partnerships.
- Provides monitoring oversight to all project sites and consistently work to ensures adequate community involvement in the project.
- Work with GHS Health Promotion Officers and Providers (CHNs) to ensure quarterly FP demand action plan is executed and outcomes measured and documented in Marketing Activity Reports.
- Responsible for the coordination of all capacity building activities and support clinical governance on both team and facility level.
- Support Teams to report services data into Orion and submit same to M&E before the 2nd working day of the ensuing month
- Monitor and support transition of teams in accordance with the project model.
- Regularly provide project updates to key stakeholders and promptly report any deviations.
- Lead joint Demand Generation impact monitoring with GHS, RME and Marketing.
- Lead the implementation of FP Demand Generation PSS Model site recognition initiative and actively champion regional award scheme for most improved site in LARC services during quarterly review meetings.
- Conduct whole facility orientation-Ensure that all staff in every facility are fully oriented on the project model to support demand and supply of FP services
- Monitor facility performance on FP and document/report barriers to district and MSI regional
- Able to keeps, manage records of project activities, record all learnings on the model and share with stakeholders.
- Any other duties that may come up.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences/Development studies or any related field.
- Master’s degree is desirable.
- Other relevant professional qualifications.
Skill and Experience:
- Minimum of Four (4) years’ of relevant post-graduation work experience and at least Three (3) years of experience of working in a similar role.
- Excellent coordination skills
- Experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Excellent provider-client interaction skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Work experience with Ghana Health Service and/or an INGO
- Articulate and analytical with attention to detail
- Knowledge of health delivery system in Ghana
- Must be multi-skilled and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services
- Be able to work on own initiative and at longer periods.
- Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels –government, donor and community
- Passionate about maternal health and the vulnerable
- Motivates team members to deliver high quality service and result
- Team player, self motivator and able to motivate others to achieve results
- Pro-choice and pro-family planning
How to Apply
- This is a local position. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
- Please submit your application by filling this online form via this link: https://tinyurl.com/MSG-HPO by the Close of Business on Wednesday
- Please fill application with the exact job title and location if indicated.
- Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Females are encouraged to apply