Posted on :
26 May, 2022
26 May, 2022
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG), a branch of MSI Reproductive Choices global partnership is the leading Sexual Reproductive Health and rights organisation in Ghana providing high quality, safe services, and advocacy to create an enabling environment, so every client has access to safe services when and where they are needed.
MSIG has vacancies for passion-driven, well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individuals with the below relevant qualification/s and experience. MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. At MSI Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future.
The Bluestar Business Development Officer (BBDO) for Social Franchise is responsible for ensuring the operational delivery of the organisational Social Franchise strategy. The role is aimed at delivering excellence within the four pillars of success for the channel and achieving increasing levels of commercial viability, impact and sustainability of the facilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the strategy in the field and to maintain professional relations with each Franchised Outlet for both internal and external audiences. The position holder is part of the Regional Operations Directorate and is expected to contribute to the organisation’s strategy and model key leadership behaviours to demonstrate the organisation’s values.
The BBDO will report to the Regional Manager in the region with a dotted reporting line to the Channel Lead, Social Franchise.
Job Title: Bluestar Business Development Officer
1. ENSURING QUALITY COMPLIANCE
· Improve the quality of social franchise facilities through an objective assessment and
· Assess clinical supplies used by each social franchise facility and implement improvement
processes to ensure availability and supply.
· Support social franchise facilities in preparation for quality assurance implementation,
quality audits and/or other quality accreditation requirements.
· Manage the clinical incident reporting chain by liaising between the clinical assessor and
social franchise facilities.
· Coordinate and organise clinical training for social franchise facilities.
· Support competency assessment of facilities by ensuring client flow into facilities.
2. MARKETING AND DEMAND GENERATION
· Identify and scout for prospective facilities to join the Bluestar model.
· Conduct alternative market assessment for social franchise facilities and review local
market dynamics to support facilities’ operations
· Develop individual facility action plans detailing initiatives and commitments to be
undertaken during a quarter.
· Through marketing needs assessment, ensure social franchise facilities are supported with
all facility branding collaterals
· Develop demand generation strategies and activities to increase clients reached for each
social franchise facility monthly.
· Identify opportunities for partners and stakeholder engagements to conduct community
3. REGULATORY SUPPORT FOR FRANCHISE OUTLETS
· Support social franchise facilities through the regulators’ licensing requirements and
· Develop a system to keep track of the expiration of all regulators’ documentation
· Guide social franchise facilities through documentation and facilitate submission of
documents to regulators.
4. BUSINESS SUPPORT
· Provide leadership and guidance to franchised outlets on accurate data capture and timely
· Develop a system of feedback to social franchise facilities on their income and expenditure
lines each month.
· Coordinate business management and customer service training for social franchise
· Identify the social franchise facility’s commodity needs, and increase the sale of
commodities, equipment and consumables to increase income.
· Develop additional systems and opportunities for income generation and subscription
collection for social franchise facilities.
· Develop and provide specific recommendations to each franchised facility that improve
· Identify opportunities to engage advisors and partners as part of business financing and
supply chain management.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, business administration, public health or social
· Other professional qualifications, ideally in marketing/business development
· At least 5 years of relevant post-graduation work experience and at least 3 years of
experience in marketing/relationship management
· Demonstrated strong business management skills for a portfolio of a similar size, and scale
and experience in managing multiple relationships simultaneously
· Demonstrated experience in successfully launching new projects, activities, and working
through others to fully realise implementation plans
· Demonstrated experience in successfully working across teams
· Experience in working with young people (e.g. behaviour change communication activities,
marketing activities, peer educator programmes, etc)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
· Articulate and analytical with attention to detail and should be results-oriented
· Ability to spot bottlenecks, resolve issues, and troubleshoot
· Experience in delivering training and strong partnership support
· Experience in working for and with NGOs (or multilateral or bilateral agencies such as the
UN) and specific experience working with international NGOs
· Experience in working with both public and private health facilities
· Experience in working in sexual and reproductive health
· Able to work on own initiative and must be very innovative.
· Pro-family planning and pro-choice.
This is a local position. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana. Females are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application by filling out this online form via the below links.
Bluestar Business Development Officer (BBDO) Volta & Oti Regions