MADE is working to increase the incomes and resilience of smallholder farmers (SHFs) and rural enterprises, operating in agricultural markets, in Northern Ghana. Enabling them to buy and sell goods and services at fair prices.
Job Title: Communications Specialist
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for developing and then implementing a compelling communications/engagement strategy, utilizing the evidence of the results, impacts and lessons learnt from the implementation of the MADE programme to date.
The Communications Specialist will also be responsible for organizing events to showcase the advances the MADE programme has achieved as well as representing MADE at external events and meetings.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Create a communications and engagement strategy to deliver key messages to target audiences through a range of media.
- Develop a consistent brand identity for the MADE programme
- Implement a communications/engagement programme including a communications content and social media calendar to identify and cultivate key
- Work effectively with the MADE team to identify relevant and compelling stories for communications products
- Develop concepts and liaise with external providers to produce short videos and documentaries highlighting successes
- Visit MADE partners, their clients and SHFs to create human interest stories and obtain first hand quotes/photographs for communication materials
- Provide required guidance for the adoption of approved photography guidelines to take pictures of the project activities to be utilised in MADE communication programme
Accountability: Report to the MADE Team Leader (TL)
Location: Tamale, Northern Ghana
A Bachelors degree in marketing or communications.
General Professional Experience:
At least 3 years’ of experience of developing strategic communication campaigns to increase visibility raise awareness and influence key stakeholders.
Experience of developing communication impact campaigns designed for both the international development sector and private sector is preferred.
Specific Professional experience:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent analytical skills with good judgment and ability to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage a busy work environment with competing priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a team particularly with team members with little knowledge of communications/marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication in English is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience of working within international development
- Knowledge of digital marketing such as email marketing, blogging, SEO, social, content
- Excellent copywriting skills for different platforms and audiences
- Experience of managing external agencies for production of communication materials (brochures, video etc)
- Excellent IT skills including the use of software and reporting tools
- Website management preferably WordPress)
- Flexibility to travel if and when required
How to Apply
To apply for this position, candidates must have the experience and qualifications listed above.
Please send your CV to [email protected] and title your email ‘Communications Ghana’
Applications close – 16th September 2018.