MODEC has been providing competitive floating solutions for the offshore oil and gas industry and is recognized as a leading specialist for Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Floating LNGs (FLNGs), Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), and Production Semi-submersibles.
Job Title: Process Engineer
The Process Engineer provides daily and ongoing process engineering support to facilities operated and
maintained by MODEC Ghana Limited. The Process Engineer’s role is to complete the process engineering
discipline inputs as applicable to all Management of Change or specific maintenance, production and
operations work activities specifically related to the FPSO operations.
This includes but not limited to:
- Perform O&M assigned tasks in the Process Engineering function and/or operations.
- Provide Engineering support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility.
- Liaising and coordinating work activities with other discipline engineers to achieve deadlines, targets and objectives.
- Providing innovative and cost effective solutions for operational problems and capacity constraints facilities.
- Exploring and advising on opportunities and methods of maximizing/optimizing production performance.
- Undertake analysis and investigation of plant trips and deferrals to generate actions for improvement and optimization topside process.
- Recommend technical solutions to problems relation to top side process equipment arising from facilities.
- Perform Process Engineering activities and/or providing expert level technical knowledge and guidance in all phases of projects (conceptual engineering, basic engineering, detailed engineering design, construction, installation and commissioning).
- Process design & detail engineering including performing process simulations, design calculations, Process Optimization, sizing & selection of equipment etc. Review documents, specifications, datasheets, verification design & calculations.
- Preparation of various engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) such as Process Flow Diagrams, P&I Diagrams, Process Datasheets, Equipment Specifications, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, shutdown philosophies, Operation & maintenance manuals etc. and providing necessary engineering inputs to the other disciplines and other departments.
- Ensure that at completion of projects, all technical documentation (including drawings, specifications, minutes of meetings, etc.) is collated, revised to as-built status and handed over to the Document Control archiving (i.e. complete and proper close-out of projects).
- Bachelor Degree in Process engineer / Chemical Engineer discipline.
- Desirable Chemical or suitably experienced.
- 10 years experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry. An FPSO experience is
- Demonstrate good work ethic & knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian and International standards applicable to the oil & gas industry, and how they relate specifically to the facility operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Microsoft Visio
and Microsoft Project.
- Strong troubleshooting and optimizing topside process & utility system skill
o Oil stabilization.
o Gas Dehydration & Refrigeration Process.
o Reciprocating / Centrifuge compressor
o Sea water treatment and injection.
o Produced water treatment.
o Utilities ( Instrument Air, Fresh water & Nitrogen system)
- Highly desirable for process design and detail engineering design for process equipment compile to applicable international standard for Floating Production facilities.
- Highly desirable, but not essential for utilizing Process Engineer tools (HYSYS/Unisim).
- Highly desirable for project management skill.
- Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes.
- Knowledge of the maintenance management system (AMOS, MAXIMO preferred)