AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Accounts Officer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of this role is to provide direct output support to the Superintendent: Payable & Receivable and assist in the accounts payable functions which includes creditors’ payments, bullion shipment & accounting, creditors and debtors’ management.
The role also ensures all tax related statutory reports such as VAT, PAYE, royalties and WHT taxes are compiled and filed requirements.
- Process invoices (both Local & Foreign) and generate remittance and cheques.
- Confirm that invoices, which attract VAT and Withholding tax, are properly accounted for.
- Produce Reconciliation of local supplier’s statements
- Produce a reconciliation of Local advance payment account.
- Produce a reconciliation of all foreign payments All currencies
- Set invoices due for payment on the E-Banking
- Generate Daily bank statements for Reconciliation
- Process the payments approved by the Signatories.
- Provide information on payment effected as per E-Banking records.
- Prepare weekly dollar cash flow
- Respond to supplier’s queries and document the types of queries to enable the manager to identify opportunities to improve the services.
- Supervise processing of foreign payments and report any issue regarding foreign payments to the manager.
- Send out supplier’s circularization for statements and co-ordinate reconciliation.
- Prepare VAT and Tema Ports tax returns.
- Prepares cedi cash flows.
- Supervise preparation and printing of local (cedi) cheques to ensure that the process as described by the manager is completed to the required standard. Raising any concerns regarding non-compliance to the manager.
- Reconcile Goods in Transit (GIT) against General Ledger (G/L) Accounts.
- Supervise the reconciliation of local supplier’s statements and reports to the manager any inconsistencies or concerns.
- Follow the procedure to make sure that all bullion transactions are appropriately accounted for in the Accounting system and reconciled.
- Raise debit notes for customers and collect overdue receivables.
- Ensure that customers settle their debt on time and report to the manager regarding those customers where problems exist.
- Ensure the preparation of timely withholding tax schedule to facilitate payment to Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) and elevate any concerns that may cause late payment
- Reconcile all accounts receivables and other accounts, over 20 accounts in all.
- Prepare and compile Debtors Ageing analysis for the attention of direct report.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in Accounting, HND (Accounting option) or ICAG Part 2 qualification.
- At least 2 – 3 years’ experience in a mining environment.
- Must be computer literate with significant proficiency in Spreadsheets
- Experience and understanding of total mining cycle.
- Broad business exposure
- Cash flow management
- Sound understanding of Obuasi Mine’s value drivers
- Demonstrated ability to make effective and timely decisions, by quickly assembling the facts and developing action plans
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 12TH MARCH, 2019.