Posted on :
14 Feb, 2018
14 Feb, 2018
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) is a voluntary, not for profit organization that undertakes advocacy and service delivery in Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) in Ghana.
PPAG is a Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). It is governed by respectable volunteers who are the members of the Association. The Governing body, formulate policies which are implemented by staff.
Job Title: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG), an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and a leading provider of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) education and services, hereby invites result-oriented and committed person to apply for the following vacant position to be filled in the Association.
Position: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Report to: MA NATIONAL COUNCIL
The Executive Director will provide strategic, technical and leadership support to ensure that PPAG programmes are aligned with the national development agenda and the IPPF Strategic Framework, including the achievement of universal access to SRHR in Ghana. He/she will be charged with ensuring result based management, capacity development and provide leadership and representation as well as resource mobilization, partnership building and repositioning the Association.
Key Functions Include:
• Implementation of the strategic goals and objectives of the Member Association(MA)
• Assist the National Council in fulfilling the governance functions/duties
• Lead and oversee resource mobilization at PPAG
• Provide direction and leadership toward the achievement of the Association’s mandate, mission, strategy and its annual goals and objectives
• Ensure that the Member Association (MA) has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
• Provide leadership in developing programme, organizational and financial plans with the Executive Council and staff and carry out plans and policies authorized by the council.
• Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the MA’s work
• Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the Sexual and Reproductive Health and ensure compliance with local and donor regulations.
• Serve as a custodian of all legal and regulatory/statutory documents and complies with relevant laws and regulations, both at Local authorities and at IPPF level.
• Provide oversight of all MA activities, manage day-to-day operations and ensure a smooth functioning, efficient MA
• Ensure Programme quality and MA’s stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures and regular evaluation
• Monitor the day-to-day delivery of programmes and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality
• Oversees the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of programmes, special projects and services
• Ensure that the MA is fiscally sound by working with staff and the Executive Council to prepare budgets and Annual Work Plans and establish rigorous accountability standard for grant and budget tracking
• Directs financial activities and make decisions based on Annual Work Plans and policies developed in consultation with the Executive Council and the IPPF Regional office.
• Raise the visibility of the MA through the development and implementation of a sustainable marketing campaign geared to its stakeholders as well as the public.
• Ensure an effective resource mobilization programme by serving as the chief development officer or hiring and supervising an individual responsible for this activity
• Identify the key relationships necessary to support an effective Association and assure proper planning, relationship building and communications to develop and maintain them.
• Demonstrates initiative and creativity in identifying and addressing strategic issues facing the MA
• Ensure effective and efficient management of the organization; oversee the preparation of audit and either periodic reports, and management of financial and internal controls of PPAG
• Ensure effective and harmonious communication with volunteers and staff
• Liaison between PPAG and IPPF and other development Partners
• Ensure all reporting requirements of IPPF and other donors are met and submitted on time
• Provide strategic leadership; ensure the board has clear, concise and timely information on management of operations for decision making
• Building and maintaining technical and strategic partnerships with government and development partners
• Oversee monitoring and evaluation strategy of the organization
• Conducts official correspondence behalf of the National Council as appropriate and jointly with the Council as appropriate
• Acts as the main spokesperson for the organization ad represents the Association at partners’, stakeholders, and community activities to enhance the organization’s community profile
• Participates with the National Council members in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
• Foster effective team work between the board and himself/herself and between himself/herself ad staff
• Identifies, assesses and informs the board of Directors on all aspects of organization’s activities
• Leads the drafting of policies for approval of the Board ad prepares procedures to implement the organizational policies on an annual basis ad recommends changes to the Board as appropriate
• Establishes a positive, healthy ad safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations and maintains a work climate which attracts, keeps ad motivates a diverse staff of top quality people
• Researches funding sources, participates in fund raising activities with the Board and oversees the development of fund raising plans and writes funding to increase the funds of the organization proposals
• Directs financial activities and make decisions based on Annual Work Plans ad policies developed I consultation with the Board and IPPF Regional Office.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of Masters’ Degree in Public Health/Business Administration/Management or any other related field.
• At least 10 years of overall professional experience; ideally 5+ years demonstrable broad programme, financial and operations management experience in a senior or similar position.
• Experience in organizational development, interpersonal relationship building, marketing/resource mobilization strategies, effective communication and general administration.
The person must:
• Have the understanding of not-for profit organizations and experience working with Board of Directors and volunteers
• Have significant proven leadership skills developed through several years in senior management positions
• Have an affinity for working with a culturally and politically diverse stakeholders
• Be a visionary, trust worthy, diplomatic, understanding and innovative with a high energy level
• Have experience in Managing a complex budget
• Have a successful track record in fund development, including knowledge of and success in attracting donors and corporate grants and ability to solicit individual donors
• Have excellent communication skills, both written and oral with strong presentation skills
• Have the ability to foster a healthy organizational culture, to encourage team work and collaboration, strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to inspire and motivate
• Be excellent in analytical skills and effective in conflict management
• Have the ability to raise the visibility of the MA through successful advocacy
• Have passion for the mission of the MA and IPPF and be able to exercise multi-cultural sensitivity
• Have strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, programme development and task facilitation
• Have a commitment attitude to training programmes and maximize individual and organization goals across the Association.
• Have a successful track record in setting priorities, keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision-making.
• Have excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, be responsive and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Be a multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
• Have personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the mission and vision of the Association.
• Have excellent human relations skills, youth friendly and a team player.
• Have knowledge in current SRH and population issues will be an added advantage
• Demonstrate leadership ability and experience in management of a country-wide organization, preferably an NGO for a period of at least 10 years
• Have strong human resources management capacity and experience
• Have an excellent understanding of government and donor systems and processes
• Have the ability to interact across various audiences and stakeholders e.g. volunteers, staff as well as external partners
• Have experience working in the field of SRH/HIV or other health related field is desirable
• Have excellent computer skills in particular in Microsoft Office applications.
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including two referees and cell phone numbers to: The Search Committee Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) P.O. Box AN 5756, Accra-North OR DROP IN AT: PPAG Head Office, Latebiokorshie, Nasia Road OR E-MAIL:
[email protected] Closing Date: 20 February, 2018 NOTE: • People living with HIV/AIDS and disability are eligible and encouraged to apply • PPAG believes in Child and Vulnerable Adults’ protection policy • Only shortlisted applicants will be called for an interview.