Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
Values are timeless, they transcend and rise above all. They guide everything we do, as employees of the Foundation. We share a common vision of a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. We make mistakes, we reflect, and we grow so that we can impact our world – it’s why we are here. We are ambitious and driven. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
Job Title: Project Management Consultant (Health, Safety, Security, Travel, & Facilities)
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. If you are an experienced project management consultant in the domains of Health, Safety, Security ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Project Management Consultant will be responsible for delivery and management of various projects within the health, safety, security, travel, and facilities domains. Furthermore, the role will support the coordination and delivery of the Future of work initiatives at the Foundation. The role will be responsible for liaising with multiple internal stakeholders and teams and service providers to ensure that these projects are professionally planned and executed on time and within budget.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Project Planning and Execution
- Build project plans in alignment with project scope and priorities.
- Consider Foundation-wide activities in planning project deliverables and key milestones.
- Validate project timelines with internal and external stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Track project budgets and ensure project costs are reported on with accuracy and diligence.
- Ensure risks and issues are tracked and reported and mitigation plans are built and executed.
- Ensure project methodologies are properly selected taking into consideration the project scope, nature, priority, and stakeholders’ expectations.
- Overseeing projects from start to finish, ensuring that they meet requirements and other regulations.
- Undertaking periodic reviews to make sure that projects are on track.
- Consistently update project documentation to support management reporting.
- Managing project risks, contingency and mitigation plans.
- Support vendor selection, evaluations, and performance monitoring.
- Manage project vendors contracts and deliverables.
- Coach and support project resources including tooling, capability development and workload management.
- Quality assurance and control throughout project delivery.
- Perform project performance evaluation.
- Prepare RFPs and other specification documentation to support delivery of projects.
- Allocation of tasks and resources to project teams.
- Coordinating with relevant stakeholders, both inside and outside the Foundation
- Develops and oversees the project management schedules goals and the team’s capacity planning.
- Leads and coach project teams and support knowledge transfer
- Establish strong relationships with external vendors providing point resources for project execution.
- Allocating tasks to the project management team and providing regular guidance to team members.
Future of work
- Support and drive future of work initiatives
- Ensure that various Future of Work working groups apply light touch project management principles and consolidate that work to provide a comprehensive Foundation wide view
- Seek external best practices on Future of Work and share that with various working groups
- Support the development of comprehensive concepts for facilities management;
- Work with Technology, Facilities, People and Culture functions to develop Foundation wide processes and capabilities for Future of Work
- Prepare Future of Work-related overview, and management summaries for Steering Group reviews and decisions
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing standards of practice for project management in facilities management
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Architecture, Engineering, Management, or related discipline
- Professional qualifications in project management and change management.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software.
- Comprehensive expertise in the fields of design and implementation of work environments.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders in a variety of project environments.
- Efficiency in managing and prioritizing tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and resource planning.
- Knowledge of facilities planning and construction management processes and procedures.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.