Maternal, Adolescent & Child Health (MatCH) is a division of the Wits Health Consortium under the School of Public Health of the University of the Witwatersrand. MatCH is a consortium partner implementing the EQUIP project. EQUIP is an international grant to implement projects in five key solution areas – innovative models of ART service delivery; innovative approaches to support viral load scale-up; strategies and technologies to more effectively identify and link patients to treatment, foster ongoing adherence and retention; identify approaches that respond to the needs of key populations and promising “Test and Start” strategies in countries in Africa, South East Asia and the Caribbean.
MatCH is looking for the following staff to join their EQUIP Team based in Ghana.
Job Title: Clinical Advisor – Ref 1155
Main Purpose of the Job
The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical assistance, advice and strategic direction to strengthen service delivery and quality assurance whilst assisting with the development and monitoring of implementation of comprehensive strategies on a number of EQUIP supported programmes and facilities.
Key Performance Areas
- Provide strategic direction / management.
- Support National and local health authorities; and Implementing partners with technical assistance and assist with strategic development.
- Reviewing and strengthening of current practices within the program, planning, management, implementation and reporting of changes and updates.
- Review patient care systems, evaluate current improvement plans, participate in audits to ensure adherence to standards.
- Staff Management.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings, events and campaigns.
- Self-management and performance ownership.
- Lead the team in evaluating clinical skills and needs and responding with support to design systems.
- Provide capacity building, training and mentoring to improve service delivery at sites
- Provide operational solutions and site specific training.
- Research and development.
Required minimum education and training
- Medical Doctor with MBCHB.
- Drivers licence and own transport; willingness to travel.
Minimum work experience
- Minimum 5 years public sector experience.
Professional body registration
- Registered with the relevant professional body.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Experience in clinical management of HIV, TB and STIs as well as clinical trials and clinical oversight to research protocols.
- Certificate in Good Clinical Practice.
- Adaptable. Flexible. Sound technical knowledge PMTCT, TB-HIV integration and other co-infections, Paediatric treatment and care.
- Knowledge of national and provincial health structures.
- Experience working in a donor funded organisation / NGO or project-based environment.
- Knowledge of clinical systems and data management.
- Able to exercise discretion and independent decision-making.
- Ability to prioritize own work load, take initiative (pro-active).
- Experience in training, material development and quality improvement.
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Ordered and systematic in approach to tasks.
- Ability to function and operate strategically with sound clinical and business acumen. Attention to detail.
- Pro-active, able to exercise discretion and independent decision-making.
- Able to prioritise own work load and work towards deadlines.
- Self motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Able to speak local languages.
Please note that the above vacancy is a 3 month fixed term contract.
How to Apply
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, clearly state the name and reference number you are applying for and forward a detailed CV together with copies of ID and all relevant qualifications to: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 23 May 2018