Posted on :
2 Mar, 2023
2 Mar, 2023
Job Title: Farm Manager
• Analyzing existing operations, crops, livestock, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
• Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
• Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops, livestock, and also perform tests on soil and water.
• Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
• Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
• Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm like fruit, vegetables, dairy, meat, and grain.
• Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
• Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
• Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
• Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, animal science, or equivalent.
• Additional courses in business management or administration are recommended.
• 10 years and above work experience on the entire field.
• Management experience would be a plus.
• A passion for agriculture.
• Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
• The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
• Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to work overtime as required.
How To Apply
Interested candidate should send their CVs to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 26 March 2023