Posted on :
6 Apr, 2017
6 Apr, 2017
At MAXAM we work to offer our clients throughout the world a wide range of products and full technical support to respond to their most specific needs.
Since our founding in 1872 by Alfred Nobel, MAXAM has grown by leaps and bounds. We are now a global leading company in civil explosives, defense, nitro chemical and hunting cartridges, with 6.500 employees worldwide, in 45 countries. A lot has changed since Alfred Nobel started the business but some things haven´t changed: our dedication to our people to achieve excellence in what we do.
Job Title: Finance Controller
The main responsibilities of this role, West Africa Finance Controller are:
• Annual Budgeting:
– Review, analyze and challenge the subsidiary’s budget for West Africa.
– Support subsidiaries during preparation of budget and assist with Hyperion Planning related questions.
• Monthly Controlling:
– Enforce compliance of Subsidiaries with the defined reporting format.
– Review, challenge and analyze subsidiary monthly report (SMR) to calculate deviations from budget and suggest corrective measures.
– Develop consolidated monthly report of the perimeter/region for further consolidation at BU level.
– Clean, reconcile and monitor intercompany balances.
– Control loans to subsidiaries and warn of interest settlements.
– Analyze the cash flow needs and analyze forecasts of the subsidiaries.
– Evaluate the investments in each subsidiary.
• Region Reporting:
– Prepare reports to West Africa Finance Manager and other specific reports required for Regional management.
– Support other departments in the exercise of their functions.
– Analyze and challenge monthly deviations from budget and previous years produced in each subsidiary.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administrations, Economics or related fields.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in Finance roles within multinational environments.
• Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems, such as Oracle.
• Advance level of English and French.
Maxam core competencies
• Understanding our business from a global perspective (Global Leadership).
• Become leaders in the market (Market Leadership).
• Contributing to our environment through innovation (Shaping the Environment).
• Manages ambiguity and complexity.
• Build networks – effectively building formal and informal relationships networks inside and outside organization.
• Primary location: Accra, Ghana.
• Scope: Ghana, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Mauritania, Mali and Cameroon.
• Travel: Yes, 30% of the time.