Posted on :
15 Jun, 2018
15 Jun, 2018
MBC Africa provides an enabling environment for agribusinesses in Africa by integrating the business services they need to grow onto one single platform. MBC Africa’s role is to identify, nurture and develop a critical mass of viable growth-oriented agribusinesses as a pipeline for sustainable and impactful investment in selected African economies. We aim to enhance the knowledge, skill, and performance of agribusiness entrepreneurs and managers through innovative training, consulting and mentoring services. MBC Africa also aims to support youth to seize the vast opportunities in the agricultural sector.
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization. The CFO supervises the finance unit and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO reports to the Executive Director and directly assists on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
The position is accountable for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of MBC Africa, including the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve MBC Africa assets and reporting accurate financial results.
1. Plan, coordinate, monitor and control accounting and financial management of MBC Africa.
2. Define and coordinate HR policies and personnel productivity.
3. Plan and coordinate MBC Africa’s product plans
Coordination of financial management and accounting
· Conduct regular analysis of the evolution of MBC Africa’s accounts and report to the management
· Develop a weekly cash flow cash budget for better forecasting and coordination of inputs and outflows
· Check and validate the various financial and accounting operations (Regulation bill, expenses, purchases, sales, and wages) of MBC Africa in an effort to reduce costs and optimize profitability of MBC Africa
· Ensure optimal use and cost lines of credit provision by banks and report to management.
· Prepare and negotiate the financing of MBC Africa with its various partners in collaboration with management.
· Produce regular reports and analysis reports to reduce the cost burden of MBC Africa and ensure the profitability of investments
· Supervises Country Financial Officers
Planning, monitoring and control of operations
· Validate and coordinate monthly plans of the various operations within MBC Africa
· Provide financial analysis of MBC Africa’s operations to avoid waste and abuse in the transactions
· Conduct regular adjustments to ensure smooth and efficient operations
To achieve the desired results, the Chief Financial Officer will be expected to do the following:
Documents to elaborate and submit to Executive Director
· Yearly projections and reports
· Weekly cash-flow plans
· Weekly accounts statements
· Commented monthly financial statements (tables and graphics)
· Monthly statement of recoveries and receivables
· Monthly debt payments statements
· Comparative monthly report (forecast / production, evolution of income and expenses)
· Bank Reconciliation
· Analytical and financial report on production
· Personnel expenses payments statements
How to Apply
Send applications to [email protected]